Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roxor - UTV alternative?

Just discovered the Roxor off-road vehicles...www.roxoroffroad.com

As a Jeep guy, these peaked my interest. They're supposedly built using a grandfathered license that dates back to the post-WWII era and its is as close to a brand new Willys Jeep as you can find.

Similar to a CJ, but with a slightly longer wheelbase and a narrower, taller body. Powered by a Mahindra 2.5L, 62 hp turbo-diesel with a 5-speed manual and low-range transfer case. Top speed is limited to 45 mph and its not street legal.

Mahindra, the parent company, based in India, but they claim the Roxor is designed, engineered, and manufactured in Detroit.

Seem to be priced similar to a fully loaded Polaris Ranger.

I like it. May not haul a $$ like the others, but appears to be a solid platform.

Comment

I like it. Might have to look into one.

Comment

I wish they were street legal here....

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          I wish they were street legal here....
          I was thinking the same thing. I see that it has headlights and tail lights, but I'm not sure if it has turn signals. It would need a horn, but that's easy enough.

If you added a windshield and any other basics that may be missing, what would prevent a person from getting it inspected?

Heck...you can make a golf cart street legal...why not this?

Comment

Those things look pretty awesome.

Comment

I really like them, but only 350lbs rear payload ?

Comment

Looks like they're here.

Comment

they are cool but i would just buy an old jeep before spending that kind of money on one.

Comment

They will haul more weight. I have one and had 500 lbs of corn loaded up and it didn't know it was in there. I've talked to a couple of guys here in Texas that have made them street legal. I'm working on making mine street legal now.

Comment

Bumping this.

I just discovered these this weekend. A hand full of upgrades for the 2019 models. Could easily make street legal but that ups the expense to about 18-19K if you want top doors windshield and wipers.

At that price point you can get a pretty sweet used jeep.

Decisions, decision...

Comment

Neat

Comment

pretty sure the reason they are not street legal is the emission testing and safety regs on new vichicles Now if you buy a old jeep put the vin # on it and antique plates you might just sneak by LOL !

Comment

I heard that they have open differentials. Might not work too good in muddy conditions.

Comment

Pretty sure front and rear lockers are an option.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X