LRGV NWR draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV NWR draw hunt

Anyone else mailing in their apps? Deadline is August 31 st. Going to give the muzzleloader dates a try while my son is in from college. Anybody here ever been drawn or had any success at the Teniente Tract? Thanks

Teniente is bowhunting only. East Lake down the road is where rifle hunting takes place. Been lucky last couple of years shot a Nilgai bull with black powder and my son shot a nice 8 pointer during the the youth hunt. Good Luck

Comment

Teniente

Originally posted by Towboater View Post
      Teniente is bowhunting only. East Lake down the road is where rifle hunting takes place. Been lucky last couple of years shot a Nilgai bull with black powder and my son shot a nice 8 pointer during the the youth hunt. Good Luck
      Teniente is now doing rifle hunts also. Started about two years ago.

Comment

Teniente

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
        Anyone else mailing in their apps? Deadline is August 31 st. Going to give the muzzleloader dates a try while my son is in from college. Anybody here ever been drawn or had any success at the Teniente Tract? Thanks
        Just dropped off my application on Friday, I have been lucky and have been picked the last 3 years, if you get picked don't forget to fill out the game report even if you don't kill anything or else they won't pick you again next year. Good luck to you. Lucky for me I live about three miles from there.

Comment

Where can you find the apps for those

Comment

Teniente

Originally posted by ajavelina View Post
            Under Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge. Or www.friendsofsouthtexasrefuges.org, once there click on Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Area, then click things to do, click on hunting and it will have the application, rules and regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by emtpbowhunter View Post
              Just dropped off my application on Friday, I have been lucky and have been picked the last 3 years, if you get picked don't forget to fill out the game report even if you don't kill anything or else they won't pick you again next year. Good luck to you. Lucky for me I live about three miles from there.
              Have you harvested any game out of there?

Comment

Thanks. I used to live not far from there, on Hwy 493. I finally sent my apps in so my son could maybe experience that South Texas brush.
                Originally posted by emtpbowhunter View Post
                Last edited by lunatic'hunter; 09-02-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Bad thing about it the deadline was August 31st.
                  Originally posted by ajavelina View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Towboater View Post
                    Have you harvested any game out of there?
                    No. Its a hard hunt but I have gotten real close to seal the deal on a small six point and there are plenty of Nelgai. I have a video where my son and my self went to pre scout and a small spike walked up towards us, stayed back about 25 yards and walked around and left, I did place some doe **** on our shoes when we walked in. That day I saw two other big bucks in the area and a lot of Nelgia's.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                      Bad thing about it the deadline was August 31st.
                      Pickup aTPWD public land hunting application booklet at the Brownsville office. Deadline for the youth hunts is Sept 10. Or you could go as a standby hunter at some of these places.

Comment

Last year at Teniente.

[ATTACH]542443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]542444[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]542445[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by BOW BANDIT View Post
                          [ATTACH]542443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]542444[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]542445[/ATTACH]
                          Those are nice the fun part is getting them to the truck. Definitely not a one man job.

Comment

Those are some nice looking Nilgai Bow Bandit! Hope I draw and get a crack at one.

Comment

Very nice Nilgai. Crossing my fingers to get drawn this year. I guess we won't till October guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X