Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04 Dodge 2500 4x4 front end question...

The old goat just turned 190k.
    Cant align front end cause its worn out. Eatn tires up.

I've been looking online at kits but dont find one with everything.

Anyone know of such a kit?

Or have a complete list of everything?

I'm probably going with Moog unless persuaded diff by the GS....

I expect it to be pricey, but cheaper than a new trk, lol.

Any info/advice is appreciated......

D.

We run all dodges here on the ranch from a 97- 18 an usually start with the tie rod ends, steering stabilizer upgrade, ball joints and u joints.

Comment

I had a 02 that I had rebuilt the whole front end under. I used moog as well. Just sold the truck with over 300k miles and still going strong. I did all the work myself and them upper and lower ball joints ain't no joke. Best advice I can give you is take it to a good alignment shop and pay them to rebuild it for you. I saved $800 doing it myself but when I got done I had told myself from that day I'll spend the extra $800 so I dont have to fight it anymore. 16lb sledge and a caboose jack is how I broke them call joints after I twisted and broke the ball joint press.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Moog has a lot of China parts now. Due some research before you buy.

Comment

Yup, I haven't heard good things about Moog in a long time. I had an 04 2500 Cummins and rebuilt the front end once (ball joints twice, and never tie rod ends). Here are the part numbers I used. Hope this helps.

Upper/Lower Ball Joint Replacement: Dynatrac ProSteer CR92-2X3051-A
          Front Axle U-Joint Replacement: Precision 464
          Unit Hub/Bearing Replacement: Timken (also branded SKF) HA590032

Comment

I my still have some that stuff in garage I got and never put on for a 03 probably fit a 04

Comment

Old parts

Originally posted by live2hunt65 View Post
              I my still have some that stuff in garage I got and never put on for a 03 probably fit a 04
              I'd definitely be interested.....

Thanks.

Comment

I just had all of mine redone on my 03. It ran me almost 2 grand. I had 140,000 miles on it. Drives like a new one now.

Comment

I rebuilt mine and my sons and the cheapest route is Rockauto. Hands down. I got 368k on my '04 and I rebuilt it around 250k and its still tight. I would recommend hub kits. I wish I had done mine then so I wouldnt be changing out front outter u joints.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.
                  Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 01-24-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Kinda odd, but mine still drives fine. But 2 diff alignment shops said I needed front end work b4 they could align. Neither do that kind of work, so I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to gouge me.....
                    I can ruin a set of front tires in 3 mos.....

Comment

Did my 05 myself. Have some wicked scars on my hands, broke 2 ball joint tools but it drove great.
                      If I had to do it again I would PAY.

Comment

Working...
                      X