New Orleans Saints Kneel During Tribute For Murdered Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Orleans Saints Kneel During Tribute For Murdered Officer

New Orleans, LA – New Orleans Saints players kneeled before the game on Sunday, but it wasn’t during the national anthem, it was during a tribute to murdered New Orleans PD Officer Marcus McNeil.

Fans booed as players knelt during the moment of silence for Officer McNeil.

The players then stood for the national anthem, according to NOLA.com .

Sunday’s game of Saints vs. Lions was the first game at the Superdome since President Trump said that kneelers should be fired.

None of the Lions players kneeled.

New Orleans Police Department Officer Marcus McNeil, 29, was ambushed and murdered early Friday morning.

The incident happened just after midnight when a group of three officers on patrol spotted something suspicious.
    Officer McNeil stepped out of his car to investigate and a gunman opened fire, shooting the officer repeatedly.
    Other officers returned fire, shooting the suspect, who then ran into an apartment.
    The gunman remained barricaded in the apartment until he eventually surrendered to a SWAT team.
    Officer McNeil was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
    Officer Marcus McNeil leaves behind his wife, Brittiny, and two small children.
    Brittiny told New Orleans Magazine that Officer McNeil had always wanted to join New Orleans PD because he wanted to make a difference in the city which is plagued with crime and poverty.
    Officer McNeil's killer was identified as Darren Bridges. His motive is not known at this time.
    It's not clear at this time if the Saints players intended to kneel during the tribute to Officer McNeil, of it they were just too dense to realize when they were kneeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scum..................

Comment

They are just misunderstood.

Comment

**** on all of them for kneeling!

Comment

These guys are kneeling because of the way African-Americans are treated by police? Then they kneel during the tribute of a fallen officer. The officer was black. Killed by a black guy. Am I missing something?!

Comment

Disgusting. Glad I didn't watch any NFL past couple weeks.

Comment

Trash!

Comment

Shows you how dumb they truly are...

Comment

Those morons have no shame it's over for the NFL

Comment

It would have been fitting if all the people in the stands would have walked out at the start of the game. I'd like to see this happen just once....let those overpaid #$#% play to an empty stadium.

Comment

The NFL should change to the HFL. Hasbeen Football League...

Buh Bye

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

It's not clear at this time if the Saints players intended to kneel during the tribute to Officer McNeil, of if they were just too dense to realize when they were kneeling.

I'm going with the blue...

Comment

I started to watch NFL highlights on ESPN this morning and didn't. I'm starting to just feel saddened by the whole thing. America has got some serious problems.

Comment

Too bad it happened, but it did not have any affect on me or what I did yesterday... As far as I am concerned, the NFL no longer exists... Sunday evening, I was channel hopping looking for local news/weather and stumbled upon some game that was on... don't remember the channel, but I changed it so quick, even I was impressed with my reaction time!
                            Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 10-16-2017, 09:15 AM. Reason: tnik fingerz

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                              These guys are kneeling because of the way African-Americans are treated by police? Then they kneel during the tribute of a fallen officer. The officer was black. Killed by a black guy. Am I missing something?!

Nope, that pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X