Wayne LaPierre NRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    The NRA does not give an inch as some have said, because if they do, it will be never ending on what the gun grabbers will ask for and keep digging for until we are fully unarmed and the only ones left are the criminals and gov't that are armed.
    Just mt take on it. There are things they are willing to listen too.
    You need to do some SERIOUS reading in what regulations they have negotiated. They give more than an inch. Lots and lots of political moves. Lots.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Oh, and on the NRA.....

I've had a love/hate relationship with them for decades. I HATE their telemarketers. I disagree with some of the things they have done, the Harry Reid endorsement being the biggest one for me.

BUT.... I just bought a Lifetime Membership this evening after reading new stories about a bunch of companies that are cancelling their marketing agreements with the NRA in response to the liberal fantasy that, somehow, the NRA and/or the 2nd Amendment is the cause of school shootings.

So, now I need y'all to tell me how you can get the NRA telemarketers to leave you alone.
      I was a member before. I paid $30 a year or whatever. And I bet they mailed me $50 I’m crap wanting more money. I called and called and called until I got as high up on the phone as I could and ripped them a new one. Told them why I joined and told them what I thought of their marketing. That my money should be used for things other than trying to get more money from me twice a week at least. The guy was very nice and said I’m far from the first to say all that. It stopped for a few years. Starting to show back up again. Ticks me off lol

Comment

Membership dues pay for marketing. Donations (read: big bucks) pay for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
          Anyone else wrestling with this.... I follow Jesus and in no way shape or form think that God gave us a right to bear arms. It seems that in many places Jesus told us to lay down the weapons of this world and fight differently. Fight out of a place of forgiveness and love- Jesus even says to one of his best friends that he who lives by the sword ultimately dies by it. I am not saying I understand anything that I am saying just that I am wrestling with this. Do I own guns- sure do....do I have a LTC- yep. So I will likely be as hypocritical as the next guy but I cant come to terms with God's call to love people, even my enemies, and standing on a place where he says the Bible gives us a right to carry arms. Struggling in Canadian- sorry yall
          Commiting to a relationship with God is not a suicide Pac.
          I've heard that God has every moment of our lives planed out before we are even conceived. If in fact that is the case it won't matter whether or not you are armed or not. His will, will be done. I realize humans with free choice sometimes change those plans because he does not lone some folks out to be mass murders or rapists. But if your confronted with evil and he wants you to survive it you will, gun or no gun

Comment

Yeah, I'm in that corner. God gave us a mind to think. A spirit of life. He didn't ask us to be push overs.
            And if defending innocent lives by taking lives punches my ticket to hell then I guess that's a ride I'm willing to take.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all come down her in downtown Dallas in the middle of the night. You'll hear all the automatic gunfire you want. Fully automatics are out there.

Comment

For those of you that are not members or hate the NRA for whatever reason, what do you do to back our 2nd Amendment rights? Serious question.

Comment

For those of you that are not members or hate the NRA for whatever reason, what do you do to back our 2nd Amendment rights? Serious question.
                  Create as many threads about gun rights as possible on a bowhunting forum!!!!

Comment

Wayne LaPierre NRA

The ONLY reason I support the NRA is because they are the ONLY voice I have in the politics of Washington which is bull**** and far away from the original intent of our founders.

We have failed our founders by letting it get this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Our government is smart enough to keep the focus off domestic issues by constantly bullying and picking fights with other countries.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

If you do donate, make sure it goes to the NRA-ILA so the jack goes directly for the fight.

Comment

Life member but never been impressed with the guy, at all.

Comment

Skipped most comments but that was a great speech. He was dead on.

Comment

Kick and beat the NRA all y'all want. There is not ONE organization that takes it on the chin like the NRA...Like Ted Nugent(hate em or love em)...Not ONE celebrity getting hit in the face like him. Just wish more pro gun celebs that have soo much sway over sheeple speak out.
                              Now y'all could lead, follow or get out the way.
                              I'm a gun owner but...PUHLEEESE stop the crying.
                              Hurt feelings do NOT over ride rights. I've been the victim of violent crime, I have had someone CLOSE to me killed by a gun. Never blamed the weapon.

Now a word from our sponsors...

If we arm the teachers, do the Librarians get supressors?

Comment

If we arm the teachers, do the Librarians get supressors? [/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought of that ! My wife is a librarian, I guess I need a can for a Ruger LCP !

To all the Trump supporters who don't like LaPierre, I don't/never have liked Trump the man, but I voted for him as the lesser of two evils, sucked up my personal feelings, and I think he's doing a good job. I'll vote for him again and feel better about it next time.

Do I like everthing the NRA has done under LaPierre's leadership ? No, but I'm old enough to remember what it was like before he took the helm. There were two factions, those that stood hard with the 2nd., and those that wanted to roll over in a big way. The latter looked at themselves as just a "gun club", and had there heads buried in the sand. LaPierre (along with Charlton Heston as President), is most responsible for turning the NRA around and giving it the direction it has today. So....dislike him if you must, ***** about the mail you get, but support the gun org that fights for the 2nd every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X