BOB needs prayers ... Slayer is calling it quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Antrax more your style? I like them but disliked Joey Belladonna and his singing.
    Belladonna is a bad arse.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      don't even say something like that, BoB!!! Blasphemy!!!

Hehehehe...I get what you're saying

Heck Justin Beiber kills him on record sales. LOL.

REK is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Belladonna is a bad arse.
        Dude still has the poser hairdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          Wayon and Merle are greatness
          Oddly, I never was a huge fan of either yet I understand their greatness and what they mean for country music. I am intelligent like that.

Comment

Knew this would be a classic thread...

I never was a big metal guy & early Metallica was about as hard as it went for me & my taste. While Slayer wasn't my thing, they most certainly had talent & success which should be defended if it's your band!!

One of the movie channels had a documentary the other day of RUSH's last tour...how only 3 guys put out so much sound compared to other bands with 5+ was incredible. This was by far my favorite rock band. Played a variety & sometimes weird rock styles over the decades. Yeah, I can understand if it's not your liking. Hell, that Rolling Stones rag seemed to loathe them for some reason. Still, you cannot state they had no talent.

I appreciate all kinds of music & listen to a whole lot of it as there isn't much else to do living out of a company truck. I'm just REALLY REALLY happy this isn't a Bob defending rap music thread!! I just Don't get that noise pollution...rap is one of those flavors I just detest. Barf.

Comment

Sorry, never heard of 'em - They similar to them backstreet boys or something?

Comment

Tip of the hat to Rush and their fans. They called it quits the day before Slayer.

All time great band. They sold a lot more records than Slayer......it's pop and radio friendly.

Peart and Lombardo are drum gods.

Comment

Slayer never woulda dreamed they'd be getting this kinda traction on a bow hunting site!

Comment

Good to see your still standing BoB. I enjoyed your BS back in the day during the BBQ wars that you fought so hard in Everytime i see Slayer on TV I think of you and smile durin that Rainin Blood song

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Tip of the hat to Rush and their fans. They called it quits the day before Slayer.

All time great band. They sold a lot more records than Slayer......it's pop and radio friendly.

Peart and Lombardo are drum gods.
                      I had the privilege of seeing Lombardo play from abt 15' a few years ago. Holy crap. I think those drums went and filed assault charges after the show. Unreal

Comment

Lombardo and Bostaph are both amazing, but YouTube Chris Adler from Lamb of God...phenomenal.

Comment

Wasn't Rush around a lot longer than Slayer not to mention more albums released?? They also probably sold more records than they normally would have because other than Tom Sawyer & Spirit of The Radio, you hardly ever heard them over the waves that much.

Rush & Slayer not only had the best two drummers, but a very similar intense core base of fans that goes way beyond being loyal!!

Alex does not get the credit he deserves for his axe picking imo.

Comment

You boys gonna start on Styx any minute now.

I've been listening to the Allman Brothers lately...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Me too...This probably defines the Southern sound more than any other I can think.

Allman & Dickie Betts nailed it down with their axes on this tune. It's a far cry from Slayer sounding, but what a clean sounding riff session here!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                You boys gonna start on Styx any minute now.

Take one step back from the edge...

Put me in the Rush column with some Pink Floyd thrown in. I enjoy all kinds of music. Except Rap. Can't go there. And Hic Hop; I'm out. Oh.. and Bieber; what is that about? And anything by the Beatles; yuk. But other than that, I'm quite flexible. But don't make me listen to Gaga, Taylor Swift, Arianna Grande Piano...

Comment

Working...
                                X