Christmas Tamales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Tamales

Have 6 dozen ready to steam. First batch has about 15 more minutes.

Lots of work. But it will be worth it.

Merry Christmas fellow tbh'ers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Comment

I believe between dinner yesterday and lunch today I've had a dozen-1.5 dozen of them myself

And we are having more for dinner

Comment

Those look good. Haven't had any all season, probably won't get any either. At least not the home made ones. Still trying to find some one to make some deer tamales. Seems like no one does them anymore.

Comment

Just give us directions and what time to be there.

Comment

Perfect.

Comment

Dang I'm glad you posted this. It reminded me I have a dozen tamales in my fridge

Comment

We had tamales with the TBH killer queso poured over the top of them for lunch today.

Comment

No more Tamales please!!!

Comment

We had Christmas tamales too.... Except we just skipped the making and went straight to eating.

Comment

Man those look good, my mom used to make them when she was able to.. Now she just buys them..

Not nearly as good as home made when you have to buy them..
                      Glad you all are keeping the tradition going..

Comment

Delias tamales is famous down here...I remember when they had the one tiny location on S. 23rd. Now they are all over the valley.

I must have taken over 50 dozen up to Alice to fellow co-workers the past 2-3 weeks. A buddy brought over some his mom made last night & Mom had some Delias for us today too.

I am officially tamale'd out for a while.

Comment

Love me some Delias!

Comment

Anybody know someone that would make some for me in College Station. I'd supply all pork boned or quartered for an even 50/50 split.

Comment

I know it is hard work. My 16yo daughter and I are taking lessons from her grandma. The MIL use to make 250-300 dozen a year out of her home kitchen and age is creeping in. She is down to 30-40 dozen and that is dwindling by the day.

The lessons are hard because nothing is written. It is a handful of this and a handful of that type of stuff.

But it ain't to bad. I'm glad my daughter can learn some of the more traditional NM cooking.

Comment

Working...
                              X