Shnf 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info guys
    Last edited by slingingLead; 10-21-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Doe tags for general season come in the mail yet?

Comment

Originally posted by treehound View Post
        Doe tags for general season come in the mail yet?

Yep. Most have theirs by now.

Comment

Cool story Coullion, I enjoyed reading it. Last year I had a hunt that was action packed like yours. I saw a bunch of bucks that day also.

It sure is awesome when that many criters come in. It really keeps you on your toes!

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
            Yup..I thought I got drawn...nope...dad did...same name. But hey he hunts really hard and will put it to good use. I fear TMID's worst doe tag predictions have come to pass once again. People putting in ...having NO game plan and hoping it all works out somehow
            Sorry for the dire prediction, but yes, it seems to have come true.

I really think their system is terrible and from what I hear, they have no intentions of changing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Just depends on whether you buy the right bullets for your crossbow (morning or evening ballistic pattern) and whether or not you bought the extended hours blaze purple vest that is required by the Davy Houston or Sam Crockett Federal Wildlife Sanctuary Forest Section.

Since the forest service is now Gluten free, you have to be careful if you hunt through lunch.
              Post of the day.

Everybody please give this man a round of applause!

Comment

Shnf 15-16

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                Post of the day.

Everybody please give this man a round of applause!

I got my doe tag in the mail. You can thank me by directing me to the post with all the stand locations yall have.

Comment

We already got our tags in the mail.

Comment

I'm up and set. Had a pack of bout 20 hogs,all tiny, come through while I was climbing. Never came close enough to get a shot. Hopefully that's a good sign for the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

I got my doe tag in the mail. You can thank me by directing me to the post with all the stand locations yall have.
                      I can tell you the best way to get deer stirred up in your area. lol
                      Also, DMACK has a couple tried and true methods of bringing in does.

Comment

Originally posted by Coullion View Post
                        Thanks for the compliment's. After catching up with the thread, I'm amazed no one else saw much activity Sat. morning. It was one of the best hunt's I've had in the forest.

Started out bad, someone pulled up and parked 50 yards from me when I was getting ready. I hurried up an got in the woods just to make sure I could get to my spot first. Climbed a leaning tree without realizing until I was 15ft up, had to turn my stand to the other side of the tree so I wasn't sitting at a 45.

Started hearing deer moving as soon as I let everything quiet down. Right after daylight I hear horns rattling. I'm thinking this joker that followed me in setup 50 yards away and is rattling at daylight. So as soon as it's light enough to see, I can make out two small bucks sparing. Super cool as I've never witnessed this before. Then I make out a third buck and they are taking turns sparring with each other. Nothing ferocious, it was clear they were still in a bachelor group. After watching for about 30 minutes I notice all of them look up and away. By this time I'm about to pass out from taking deep breaths to stay calm. All of the sudden they run right past me about 60 yards away, and start clowning around over there. I keep my eye's peeled on where they were looking, and finally, another small buck come's out. So I finally turn around, watch the original three walk off, then see two does coming from another direction. Yes, I did take the time to thank the Lord for such and awesome constant action hunt. By that time, I hear what I believe is the little one coming up behind me to check out the does, but it ends up being a legal buck, he walk's right past and gives me a clear view of his width, and I came to full draw. He plays around a bit, rubbing trees right in front of the does, showing off, but when he gave me perfect 20 yard quartering away shot, I had to take it.

He took a step forward right when I shot, so the shot was back, but luckily I hit something vital as he only made it about 40 yards and I watched him pile up.

And no, I've never seen 5 bucks in the forest in one sit. I don't think I've ever seen more than two before.
                        Thanks for the write up. Gives me just enough hope to get out there again.
                        My best spot from last year hasn't produced this year. The trails, etc are still there, and even saw a few small rubs last weekend. I guess the deer didn't get the post it notes.

Comment

I better check the mail... Nothing yet.

So to camp this weekend or not. There are only 2weekends left and it's gonna be a soaker. With high probability thunder. Sit it out, try to sneak a sit in. What's every ones thoughts. I wished I could get sick for Friday and be out there early, but that's unlikely.

Any one make there mind up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                            I better check the mail... Nothing yet.

So to camp this weekend or not. There are only 2weekends left and it's gonna be a soaker. With high probability thunder. Sit it out, try to sneak a sit in. What's every ones thoughts. I wished I could get sick for Friday and be out there early, but that's unlikely.

Any one make there mind up yet?
                            I want to go since I lay low during November. I will probably wait until the last moment to decide. However, I know you normally camp for the weekend. If that was my MO, I would continue. Never know when a 2 hr window may open up.

Comment

Shnf 15-16

We will most likely go. That's if there is no lighting and wind. It's our last sit for a while out there.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/RH2Ys2V.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X