Do jeeps lose all value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do jeeps lose all value?

Sitting on the porch yesterday talking about SxS and hunting vehicles and it got me to thinking. Can you buy a 200K mile, 10 year old Jeep for cheap? I have a 10 year old, $40K new, AWD Murano that won’t bring $2500 today, even though it’s perfectly reliable. Do Jeep values ever hit this point?

A jeep in good mechanical condition and not beat up will bring $10k and up regardless of age. Similar to a pickup in that regard.

Comment

From what I have seen they get down to $7,000-$10,000 and stay there unless it is really rough or is one of the less desireable years.

Comment

I once bought an 83 CJ 7 and 10 years later sold it for the same price I paid for it.

Comment

What you are looking for is a ~2000ish model Toyota 4Runner 4X4.

Comment

Yeah they'll get that low but not anywhere close to 10 years. By the time they're near 2G it's pretty much a lease ride type of sale

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              What you are looking for is a ~2000ish model Toyota 4Runner 4X4.
              This^^^^^^ But they've had a recent surge in value also. Still one of the best bangs for the bucks out there. V6's run forever same as their brother Tacoma for 30-40% less.

Comment

It's all about demand----too few available and too many buyers with money in hand looking.

Comment

go 4runner shopping. xterras too

Comment

Not really looking for one, just got to discussing it and realized I’ve never seen a $2500 wrangler. Wondering if I need to get the wife out of her SUV and into a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by QDM4fun View Post
                      Sitting on the porch yesterday talking about SxS and hunting vehicles and it got me to thinking. Can you buy a 200K mile, 10 year old Jeep for cheap? I have a 10 year old, $40K new, AWD Murano that won’t bring $2500 today, even though it’s perfectly reliable. Do Jeep values ever hit this point?
                      nissan in particular loose a lot of value,,, i found out the hard way when harvey totaled out my wives pathfinder ,,, i will never own another nissan anything, and would discourage anyone from buying one after what i just went through..... and that sad thing is they are good cars!

Comment

I have never understood why guys pay $15k for a side by side when they can get a 70s or 80s CJ for the same price. I guess it just preference.

Comment

Take care of it and you can make some really good money back if you ever plan to sale, anybody in Montgomery county area I have a lead on a bad to the bone, jacked up 98 tj, with only 92k miles.

Comment

Jeeps are every bit as good an investment as crypto.....

If you buy them brand new and hang onto them, you can always tell your friends what you paid for them new and how much you enjoy owning it, as if you have money to burn.

If you sell it too early you can tell them how smart you were for getting out when you did and not losing as much as you could have.

If you don't buy a Jeep at all, you look like a genius.

Comment

All vehicles lose value, they are not assets they are a liability

Comment

Working...
                              X