Peep sight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep sight problem

My fil is having peep sight problems. When he first starts shooting,,its ok, but the longer he shoots, it starts twisting..then if he puts it up, and gets it out next day, same thing. Any ideas?

That is strange that it moves and then goes back

Going to watch for the solution just because my curiosity is up

Twisting peeps are aggravating

Comment

Does he shoot with a string loop or off of the string?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        That is strange that it moves and then goes back

Going to watch for the solution just because my curiosity is up

Twisting peeps are aggravating
        I agree. Its definately peeked my curiousity.

Comment

does the d-loop roll with it?

Comment

Yes he shoots dloop. Dloop is turned to left with peep. It lines up when he comes to full draw.

Comment

sounds like it just needs a twist throw into it and the string/cable(s) have creeped.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                sounds like it just needs a twist throw into it and the string/cable(s) have creeped.
                Ok, hes talkin bout takin to shop this week

Comment

some fibers become less stable when the heat increases, just something to remember. this could lend itself to the perception it gets worse the more arrows are put through it. more than likely a quick trip to the bow press will fix the issue.

Comment

I'm curious myself. I've has (still have) the same issue with my old Bear legion bow, with factory strings. I've taken it to 3 different shops and none have Been able to fix it. I took it to the outhouse in Waco, marine and archery off loop 12 and I30 in Dallas (i forget the shop name), knocked and loaded in lampasas and the closest it got to getting fixed was great southwest in grand prairie.

If someone figures it out I'd sure like to know.

Good luck I'm subscribed.

Comment

i have fought a lot of peeps and can usually get them right.Given the strings are not just completely shot out there are a number of things to try before calling it quits. I will list my possible fixes in order from easiest/quickest to harder/tedious.

1)work with the d-loop as long as it doesn't get ridiculous (d-loop almost 180 degree the wrong direction)

2)Put in press and twist string until it settles in the correct place.

3)Put in press and be certain that there are equal number of string strands on each side of peep. If there are more on one side it can easily put more strain on that side of the peep and be almost impossible to fix peep rotation.Typically there are two colors to a string so split them by color.

4)If you continue to have problems then you may try adding more strands on one side until you find a good balance. To me this a last option and i don't typically ever need to go this far to fix the peep.

5)This isn't really a fix but the tie in of a peep can also effect its rotation. I use a fairly solid tie that runs down one side of the split,then around the peep, then back down the opposite color strand. I believe that this puts equal leverage on each side and resists twisting.

If all of the fails to fix your issue, you may need to consider the ago of strings and look at investing in new ones. I have come across some poor strings that even after a proper break in phase cant hold a peep still for nothing. Sorry to hear your having issues. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

Thx. Ill let yall know what he finds out.

Comment

FIL ever get an answer to this?

Comment

Sorry. Took to on target. Said dloop was loose and twisting around.

Comment

Working...
                            X