Wrist or Thumb release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrist or Thumb release?

Do you use a wrist release or thumb release? And why? Is the switch hard?

Wrist. Honestly never tried a thumb release. I like my wrist release because I can put it on and my hands are still free (for TBH and beer). I don’t have to search for it when it’s go time.

Comment

I have used a wrist release for a zillion years... I tried to use a thumb release last year...but just could not get comfortable. Went back to wrist.

Comment

Have used a wrist release for a couple years. Last week I bought a Carter Chocolate Lite thumb release. I have been practicing with it and my groups are actually getting better than i had with wrist release. The transition is taking time, if you decide to try switching, do it sooner than later so you can practice before the season starts.

Comment

The very best shooters I know use a thumb release. I tried one was was very impressed. It does take some getting used to but I shoot better with a thumb release.

Comment

Wrist, but to be honest, the only thumb release I ever tried was over 25 years ago.

Comment

I switched to a TRU ball thumb release 2 years ago and don't see myself using a wrist style again. I would get one a try it. The switch only took a couple days to get used to and improved accuracy after I got comfortable with it.

Comment

Shot a wrist release for 30 some years. Got a hair to try a thumb release and it was the best thing I’ve done archery wise, ever. It seemed natural to me after just a couple shots to get used to the trigger. But the differance In triggers between a wrist and a Stan thumb release is like day and night. They are better then really nice rifle triggers if you ask me. Although , Stan has a new wrist release coming out called the extinction, and if it has the same trigger as their thumb releases, all other wrist releases will be obsolete!

Comment

Out of those 2... thumb, the nock 2 it is the best I tried. But I shoot a hinge

Comment

So which is the best thumb release? Stan? Is there only 1 model?

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                      So which is the best thumb release? Stan? Is there only 1 model?
                      Best is whatever feels best to you, kinda like a bow. Carter and Stan both make good releases, look into the nock on nock 2 it as well

Comment

I used a wrist(Scott release) for hunting and a Stansloski Mirage 2000 back tension release for 3D tourneys. Just this year I elected to give a Carter Chocolate Lite a try and I haven’t looked back. I’ll never give up my Stan back tension release, but this Carter release is my do all release now. It’s been the best hundred bucks I’ve ever spent.

Comment

Wrist or Thumb release?

I’m using a Carter Like Mike wrist release this year for 3D because of tendinitis in my elbow.

I haven’t yet decided if I’ll go back to my Target 4 this hunting season because I prefer not having anything on my wrist to make noise.
                          Last edited by Outlaw_6; 04-29-2019, 05:44 AM.

Comment

i just switched over literally yesterday afternoon to a trufire synapse... that wrist strap wont be leaving my case any time soon... groupings were almost immediately tighter

Comment

I bought a Carter Target 4 in the classifieds a few months ago. I am really liking it so far, and I shoot good with it. The only thing I don't particularly like about it is that it seems loud. I am not sure if it is a big enough difference to matter when shooting at animals yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X