I did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it

I always swore the most I’d spend on a release was $125. Some how I lost my release the other day when I was bringing my bow to the shop. I went to pick up my bow from the shop today & I broke. Needing a new release I tried a few different ones because they didn’t have the kind I lost in stock. Well I shot a Stan thumb release & tension release. Shot for over an hour just couldn’t get used to the tension release. Had the thumb release set up before I left. Man this thing awesome. I could still kick myself for spending the $270 out the door for the thing though.

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
    I always swore the most I’d spend on a release was $125. Some how I lost my release the other day when I was bringing my bow to the shop. I went to pick up my bow from the shop today & I broke. Needing a new release I tried a few different ones because they didn’t have the kind I lost in stock. Well I shot a Stan thumb release & tension release. Shot for over an hour just couldn’t get used to the tension release. Had the thumb release set up before I left. Man this thing awesome. I could still kick myself for spending the $270 out the door for the thing though.

I shoot both Stans, the Element for training and the SX3 for hunting. It takes a while for the tension, but you’ll be better because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy once, Cry Once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a Stan thumb release last year and still can’t believe how my much it improved my accuracy.

Comment

What is so good about this release?? Not trying to sound like a smart arse.... Looking to go to a thumb style release and looking for info in the different ones that are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            What is so good about this release?? Not trying to sound like a smart arse.... Looking to go to a thumb style release and looking for info in the different ones that are available.
            Just from the little I’ve shot it, extremely adjustable. I’ve got set in a way right now all I’ve got to do just flex my thumb a little & it goes off. Also cool little side note is that it has a practice pin, I guess you could call it, you put the pin in the sear & it doesn’t allow the it to release. But you get the full feel of the release in your hand & your able to get it set up a little bit quicker.

I’ll report back after I shoot it a little longer.

Comment

I've tried in the past to switch . I shot 3 different thumb releases a couple weeks ago and just can't find one I like.. I don't want to spend 2 or 3 hundred on something I'm not gonna like.. does it make your anchor point more consistent over time ? That really seems to be what I have the most trouble with now.. I can't wear a facemask when hunting because I can't seem to find my anchor as fast as I need to.

Comment

I like my Carter Plain 1 thumb release. Works like a charm every time. The anchor point is a bit of an issue, but I set the string on my nose as an anchor point.
                BTW, what brand/model thumb release did you purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                  I've tried in the past to switch . I shot 3 different thumb releases a couple weeks ago and just can't find one I like.. I don't want to spend 2 or 3 hundred on something I'm not gonna like.. does it make your anchor point more consistent over time ? That really seems to be what I have the most trouble with now.. I can't wear a facemask when hunting because I can't seem to find my anchor as fast as I need to.
                  I’m more consistent with my anchor point with a thumb release. My anchor consists of knuckle behind the jaw, string on the nose & my pinky is open & touches the corner of my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
                    I like my Carter Plain 1 thumb release. Works like a charm every time. The anchor point is a bit of an issue, but I set the string on my nose as an anchor point.
                    BTW, what brand/model thumb release did you purchase?
                    It’s Stan Perfex Thumb in XL. I’ve got the 3 finger tail on it with the small drum. I’m gonna change the pin that holds the barrel to a longer one. My hand feels a little cramped with the pin I have on it now.

Comment

Working...
                    X