No announcement yet.

Amistad semi live hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I decided to stick it out on my first spot. A little overcast and it was misting on the walk in, but it has stopped. About 63 degrees with a breeze in my face. Three other hunters out here, (I talked to one of them last night) but did not run into them. Now it’s starting to sprinkle. Great

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
      Yes, I decided to stick it out on my first spot. A little overcast and it was misting on the walk in, but it has stopped. About 63 degrees with a breeze in my face. Three other hunters out here, (I talked to one of them last night) but did not run into them. Now it’s starting to sprinkle. Great
      Good luck, keep us posted , hope a good one steps out

Comment

Are you hunting all day?? Give me a call if you want to grab a bite to eat??

Comment

Good luck. One of these days I am going to make time to hunt there. My brother used to hunt the area accessible by boat years ago and always had a good time.

Comment

Well, I met up with Pedernal and had a great lunch with him.He gave me a couple of pointers so I got my gear and headed out. I parked my truck, got all my gear loaded, and started walking out. Well, about 150-200 yards out, I realized I had not strapped on my release. I always strap it to my bow, so, when I lifted my bow to get it, the release was not there. ***?!
            I checked all my pockets and it was nowhere to be found. I distinctly remember that at the truck, I looked at the release and told myself to put my jacket on first, then put the release on. So maybe I left it on my truck. So I walked back to the truck and it was no where to be found. I turned my truck inside out and it was nowhere to be found. Maybe I dropped it? So I went back down the same trail and it was not on the ground. I walked back to the truck and remembered when I left the truck, I tried taking a short cut through high grass but about 10 yards in I realized the grass was wet and I was going to get my pants wet, so I backed out. I tried looking around there, but no luck. By then I was ****** at myself, packed my gear, and came back to the hotel. I was hoping for some weird reason I left it here, but no luck. Luckily the Wally World here had a few, and I bought one and it feels fine, but it’s not my release. Well, at least I still have one more shot tomorrow morning.

Comment

Got my second bow-kill at Amistad--back in '76 I believe.

Comment

Well, I met up with Pedernal and had a great lunch with him.He gave me a couple of pointers so I got my gear and headed out. I parked my truck, got all my gear loaded, and started walking out. Well, about 150-200 yards out, I realized I had not strapped on my release. I always strap it to my bow, so, when I lifted my bow to get it, the release was not there. ***?!
                I checked all my pockets and it was nowhere to be found. I distinctly remember that at the truck, I looked at the release and told myself to put my jacket on first, then put the release on. So maybe I left it on my truck. So I walked back to the truck and it was no where to be found. I turned my truck inside out and it was nowhere to be found. Maybe I dropped it? So I went back down the same trail and it was not on the ground. I walked back to the truck and remembered when I left the truck, I tried taking a short cut through high grass but about 10 yards in I realized the grass was wet and I was going to get my pants wet, so I backed out. I tried looking around there, but no luck. By then I was ****** at myself, packed my gear, and came back to the hotel. I was hoping for some weird reason I left it here, but no luck. Luckily the Wally World here had a few, and I bought one and it feels fine, but it’s not my release. Well, at least I still have one more shot tomorrow morning.
                Well that sucks... How many days will you be hunting..?
                You hitting area2 tomorrow or what

Comment

That sucks man

Comment

Yes. Yes it did.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck in the morning

Comment

I hunted area 2 and 5 back in '97 with my buddy Jack and Gus. Super fun place. Might have to go hit it again 20yrs later.

Comment

Good luck this morning...

Comment

Good luck yo ya today

Comment

Okay, checked my gear 10 times and headed out. Just found a trail that looks pretty busy leading to the lake. I did manage to walk up on a doe about 40 yards away while walking in. I’m going to take that as a good sign. It’s overcast with the wind to my face

Comment

Working...
                                X