No announcement yet.

Crossfit fellas, where y'all at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

based on Crossfit Games Instagram Post we are going to be throwing around some dumbells in the Open this year. I will go with a guess of 17.1 is (16.1 with OH DB walking Lunges)
    Last edited by Codie; 02-01-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
      based on Crossfit Games Instagram Post we are going to be throwing around some dumbells in the Open this year.

You see this one the other day? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey I wanted an opinion from some of you die hard Crossfit guys. I have been doing quite a few workouts in my garage gym as well as at my regular gym at night when no one is there. I have found that when I do it by myself I have to stick with either emom or set rep wads. I feel like I go harder when I know I have to get this much work done to be finished. If it's just however many rounds in however many minutes I feel like it's easier to take breaks and rest.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          You see this one the other day? Lol

I did not see that one. He is always throwing posts in there in effort to be funny, which this one obviously is since we know they are never going to add a non-functional movement into any Crossfit related competition

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            Hey I wanted an opinion from some of you die hard Crossfit guys. I have been doing quite a few workouts in my garage gym as well as at my regular gym at night when no one is there. I have found that when I do it by myself I have to stick with either emom or set rep wads. I feel like I go harder when I know I have to get this much work done to be finished. If it's just however many rounds in however many minutes I feel like it's easier to take breaks and rest.

I would agree completely. We are human and we OFTEN sell ourselves short of what our body can actually accomplish. If I am doing an AMRAP I begin by trying to figure out a good pace to keep in order to finish a certain number of rounds in the given time instead of just going and letting the chips fall where they may. If I have a set number of reps with no time limit I will push myself to finish those reps at a quicker pace and with less rest in order to get done quicker.

Comment

I signed up for the open but only because my coach conned me into it. Lol.
              I signed up for Rx but I'm sure I'll be doing way mor scaled than Rx. Won't stop me from trying though.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
                I signed up for Rx but I'm sure I'll be doing way mor scaled than Rx. Won't stop me from trying though.

That's the spirit. It's all about doing your best and setting up a base for next year to set goals with.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
                  Well you have your head right going into it anyways! No reason to think you need to be able to RX every Open WOD to participate. I did the Open twice before I could complete all of the Open workout movements before they ever had a scaled division. (The first year it was double unders and Muscle Ups that kept me from completing a workout and the second year was snatches at 135lbs). It is four years later and I can't think of a movement that they could throw out that would keep me from Doing an Open workout RX. You will be the same exact way down the road if you will stick with it and keep a good positive motivated attitude. Have fun with it and use it as a measuring stick for the years to come. I have never (even in the years I could not complete all the workouts) walked away from the Open with an experience or two that were very self motivating involving PR's or doing something that I didn't think I could do 5 minutes before the Open workout began. Your body is capable of a LOT of things that your mind falsely keeps it from doing.

Comment

This will feel a lot like 16.5 - Simple movements and just a pure mental battle. The folks that can grind through the suck without stopping will do great and the ones that let the little voice telling them to put the dumbbell down about mid-way through the set of 40 will start going downhill quick

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                      This will feel a lot like 16.5 - Simple movements and just a pure mental battle. The folks that can grind through the suck without stopping will do great and the ones that let the little voice telling them to put the dumbbell down about mid-way through the set of 40 will start going downhill quick
                      Agreed. 50# DB snatches aren't bad until you have to do 150 of them. And at first I thought the worst part would be the burpee box jumps. After talking to some people who have done it already they said that was the easy part and a "rest" (I use that term very loosely) if you just keep a steady pace.

Comment

17.1 pretty much sucks, did the scaled workout this AM and finished in 17:09, will be trying the RX workout Sat or Sun but not expecting to finish all the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Apullin17 View Post
                          Agreed. 50# DB snatches aren't bad until you have to do 150 of them. And at first I thought the worst part would be the burpee box jumps. After talking to some people who have done it already they said that was the easy part and a "rest" (I use that term very loosely) if you just keep a steady pace.

I'm ready for them. At of all the movements with the db I'd much rather it be the snatch then thruster or oh lunge. I feel like the burpees will be worse for me. I've been snatching a lot with the 70#'s a few wods since they released the db post a month back. It's going to suck, my engine is not ready for what I'm about to ask it to do tonight at FNL. I may die after this one [emoji23][emoji50][emoji58]

Comment

Originally posted by Trust View Post
                            17.1 pretty much sucks, did the scaled workout this AM and finished in 17:09, will be trying the RX workout Sat or Sun but not expecting to finish all the rounds.

Good job! That's super solid, even scaled. Everyone I judged today only a handful finished even the scaled

Comment

I did 17.1 a couple hours ago... brutal is an understatement! I completed 201 reps at the 20 minute cap, RXed. I think if I did it again I could complete it, came out the gate a little hot and had to take a pretty big break. Once I settled in I found a pretty good pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                                I'm ready for them. At of all the movements with the db I'd much rather it be the snatch then thruster or oh lunge. I feel like the burpees will be worse for me. I've been snatching a lot with the 70#'s a few wods since they released the db post a month back. It's going to suck, my engine is not ready for what I'm about to ask it to do tonight at FNL. I may die after this one [emoji23][emoji50][emoji58]

I don't believe you Tear it up!

I am doing it after work at 5:30 - can't wait

Comment

Working...
                                X