grangers still got hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grangers still got hogs

well i dont know whereh they shot 50 hogs but where i was at today there are still plenty of pigs,lots of little ones too.my son got a shot on a big sow but i guess he missed couldnt find any blood,thunderboomers chased us out early but i bet we seen 20 or 30 pigs not including babys thinking on going in the morn again

Originally posted by paintman View Post
    well i dont know whereh they shot 50 hogs but where i was at today there are still plenty of pigs,lots of little ones too.my son got a shot on a big sow but i guess he missed couldnt find any blood,thunderboomers chased us out early but i bet we seen 20 or 30 pigs not including babys thinking on going in the morn again
    where is granger?

Comment

off of hyway 95 near taylor

Comment

Im betting you were hunting the group i've been chasing for a week. Group of about 30 or so...all sizes. I shot a boar out of that group on Tuesday. Weighed 225. They are getting very smart though, if the ground isn't wet and the wind in your favor it's nearly impossible. But I got it done by going very slow and glassing alot. They are bedding down till late so make sure you look at anything that looks like a stump or root cause when thier layin flat as the ones I got near they are hard to see!!!

Comment

well we saw several diffrent groups the biggest group was acrost from the primitive boat ramp at #7

Comment

That area has alot of hogs. I hunt Granger at least 3-4 times a week and your right, the fifty they took off still hasn't put a dent in the population. And I can say that the group I've been hunting isn't the only group I've seen to have many young piglets, I actually ran after a group last week in a new area I hunted to see if I could catch one of the piglets to take home but they crossed the river when I didn't think they would. Surprised the heck outa me. With all the piglets though we should continue to have greta hunting. It will be interesting to see how many are taken during the Granger Ranger hunt next week.

Comment

whats this granger ranger thing im hearing about????

Comment

I don't really know... Im new to this web site but from what I have read it's a gathering of bowhunters from this site that all meet at Granger and camp at the campground for the weekend. They hunt hogs and they fish all weekend. The kicker is that you can't bring any food to camp with you. You must eat only what you harvest. It seems pretty interesting, I just got on the website to late to be able to go I think. From what i've seen it appears they have about 50 to 75 people going, so they woods will be full and the hogs will be pressured and prolly moved to the private properties. i've heard alot of talk about them hunting near 5 and 6, boating across the river and hunting the island.

Comment

wow my son and i were talking about camping soon,dowt ill make that hunt how do you sign up?ive been to the island several times this year and i dont think its holding hogs this year because of the high water,i know you dont wanna let on where your seeing hogs but would you tell me which side of the river you hunt and when you hunt,i dont mind telling anyone where i see hogs at but some people dont like givingup there secret spots

Comment

I will say that im not hunting anywhere near the river. I have heard that the island is not holding any hogs this year. I will tell you though that I have seen many hogs near the river coming from the parking area beneath the bridge at 95 and 29. Thiers a group of about 20 their that are easy to find but when bumped they cross into the feild the farmer owns and stand in the tall grass.... and he won't let you go after them because he has a guy who pays him to go hunting there. It's best to hunt there with two people, with one guarding the way away from you to the private land.

Comment

well thanks for the info and it was nice chatting with a fellow grangerite,ive been hunting there several years now and have shot several hogs i once drug one along ways so now we usually take a boat.during winter time were there most weekends,the white are starting so pretty soon there will be a million people out there well good luck

Comment

Swimming Pigs.

Every time I see pigs swimming at Granger I think of the swimming pigs at Aquarina Springs in San Marcos years ago.

Them pigs at Granger swim better than I do. So do the deer.

I've never swam for my lfe. Maybe I'd go a litter faster.

Good work wacking them hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                          well thanks for the info and it was nice chatting with a fellow grangerite,ive been hunting there several years now and have shot several hogs i once drug one along ways so now we usually take a boat.during winter time were there most weekends,the white are starting so pretty soon there will be a million people out there well good luck
                          Yea the whites have began to start.... I saw two guys with several last weekend and they said they had more friends coming from the Killeen area to fish with them, so Im sure your right. It will be busy soon. Good luck to you. If you wanna hook-up sometime and try to do a Tag-Team on the hogs jus t PM me and let me know.

Comment

about 50 to 75 people going
                            I don't think its that many is it, last year it was only 12 or so I think.

Comment

Last year there were 16 brave men on the Granger Ranger Xtreme hunt. This year looks like will have around 30 Rangers.

It is not to late to sign up. Just post on the Xtreme hunt post on the campfire section and sign up.

Here is the link to sign up. Just post up how many people are coming with you, what time you be arriving, and if you need a boat ride to camp.

It is the best group of guys you will ever meet and hunt with. I go every year and wouldn't miss one for anything. I hope you guys will come out with us.

Comment

Working...
                              X