No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked to Stacy today and they are thinking Jan 20th based on the number of tags remaining but that could change. Still plenty of doe tags so shoot away.

Comment

Also is anyone seeing any hogs on their cameras during the day?

Comment

Finally Got my first doe!!!

Had a meeting end early up north, so I decided to head out to my spot Monday afternoon. didn't get into the pop-up until around 4:30 and hadn't seen anything the past couple trips. But at 5:20 a couple smaller does came in and just as I was about to pull back on the bigger of the two, I see another one out of the coner of my eye. She came in on the opposite window of the blind so I slowly turned and noticed she was quite a bit bigger. She was at 20 yards broadside, so I made it happen.

Pumped to finally be on the board out here this year. I also took her over to Hunters Creek for my first experience there. Everyone was nice, and it's hard to beat $90 when all you have to do is bring in a gutted deer. We'll see how the processing turns out in a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post

Had a meeting end early up north, so I decided to head out to my spot Monday afternoon. didn't get into the pop-up until around 4:30 and hadn't seen anything the past couple trips. But at 5:20 a couple smaller does came in and just as I was about to pull back on the bigger of the two, I see another one out of the coner of my eye. She came in on the opposite window of the blind so I slowly turned and noticed she was quite a bit bigger. She was at 20 yards broadside, so I made it happen.

Pumped to finally be on the board out here this year. I also took her over to Hunters Creek for my first experience there. Everyone was nice, and it's hard to beat $90 when all you have to do is bring in a gutted deer. We'll see how the processing turns out in a couple days.
          Congratulations! Hunter's Creek did a great job on my deer;well worth it.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!!!

Comment

Great job!!! they do an alsome job, and their price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by jeep8630 View Post
                  Also is anyone seeing any hogs on their cameras during the day?
                  I've never seen a hog out there, I didnt know there where hogs there. what part of the lake u seen them?

Comment

I went out today to pull my card today and saw a HUGE buck and a doe about 10 yards from my stand. Then I filled my feeder and walked back out only to see that someone set up a popup within 100 yards of my stand. Does anyone have the rules how far from a stand can some one set up another? I thought it was 300 feet.

Comment

it's 300' or at least that's what we were told

Comment

Did you go pull the info from the blind?

May be some that shouldn't be out there.

Comment

One hundred yards is three hundred feet. I agree that it is shady though.

Comment

I guess it depends where you are. A lot of the places I went when I first setup my blind had people stacked in so tight they were probably right at the 100 yd limit, but there was nowhere else to really go. I had to go pretty far back to find a spot that was fairly open, but even that I found had some guys within a couple hundred yds when I looked around later.

Comment

I've seen 2 deer total all season at my spot that was a hit last year. The deer have just vacated the area east of the office across DB Woods. I need to tag one before season end bad, last year by this time I had 5 on the ground already.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingnewbie View Post
                                I've seen 2 deer total all season at my spot that was a hit last year. The deer have just vacated the area east of the office across DB Woods. I need to tag one before season end bad, last year by this time I had 5 on the ground already.
                                This is my 1st year. I have seen 3 deer total. kept getting spotted.

Comment

Working...
                                X