Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado near San Saba

From Texas Storm Chasers

Y'all be safe! We're at our lease in Melvin and I'm so glad we are further west! Been watching these storms from afar and they were pretty awesome looking...

That’s not good!

Comment

Prayers up for San Saba

Comment

Sounds like its moving into the Mason area...

Comment

Wow that is where I hunt at a family members ranch.

Comment

Confirmed tornado in Ponotoc. Strong storm heading to Harper and Doss now and down to Junction.

Comment

that is an f3 or f4 for sure, given lack of surrounding storms and time on the ground. Text your friends, take cover.

Comment

Update? Fizzle out?

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  Update? Fizzle out?

Skinny

That storm is small now... bigger line up north heading south/southeast... hoping they die significantly over the next hour or two. We're at the lease, west of Brady in campers... sigh...

Comment

Prayers up for friends and neighbors used to live in Sloan and miss it there.

Comment

it was a big sucker.

we were about 20 miles south of llano at 9pm and headed north watching it the whole way

a smaller storm spawned off the original to the south and started sucking energy off the bigger one around the time it was north of Art.

saw a couple of responders headed that way with lights on as we headed home.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        it was a big sucker.

we were about 20 miles south of llano at 9pm and headed north watching it the whole way

a smaller storm spawned off the original to the south and started sucking energy off the bigger one around the time it was north of Art.

saw a couple of responders headed that way with lights on as we headed home.
                        Pics??? [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Comment

My cousin, he wife and five little girls got caught in it out on the highway further north between Lingleville and Desdemona. Up to baseball size hail. Wind kicked from one direction and started sucking in the other. There was nowhere to go, but God was with them and they made it through with only hail damage on the car.

Yes, that is hail damage that “blew in from the side”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            Pics??? [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]
                            sorry - no pics......

I was driving and the co-pilot was manning the radar station.

We were out on the ranch and started noticing the lightning, by the time we got to the gate, it was time to make up for lost time.

Plus, I wanted to make sure I got to the cherry-limeade gettin' spot before the storm did.

Comment

My wife just told me a tornado touched down in San Saba and destroyed a house.

Comment

Working...
                              X