No announcement yet.

Neighbor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got 99 problems and a neighbor ain’t one!

Comment

Glad I have good neighbors. My dog crawls under our fence and plays in their backyard and the neighbors dogs crawl under the fence and plays in my backyard as well. Their kid squirts mine with a water gun and water hose all the time playing with it. Suprised to see people saying they would call animal control to come take care of the dog lol. They have two little dogs and I have a old English bulldog and a American bulldog/pit mix. All is peachy. Neighbirs a block down have a rotty that gets out and I will walk it back down to the house and put it up for them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
        So I'm not really contesting that my dog isn't the problem. The question was how can I protect mysel? And if anybody has any solutions. I can't correct my dog jumping 7ft in the air if I'm not around....Thanks for the shallow input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        See, you're doing it again....The title of this thread says "neighbor problem." I read the post and responded accordingly. I apologize if I was blunt, but I'm not shallow or wrong.

Comment

I seem to forget this is TBH and most here are all for shooting dogs and calling animal control lol.

Comment

What a long read! For the dog that jumps the fence, put s long leash on him. No way around it b/c 8ft fence I’m sure he’ll jump too.

As for the neighbor spraying water - he was being tolerant. My neighbors would have complained and called animal control already.

“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
              I have a lab that used to jump fences, but he would only do it when we were not home. I tried the hot wire at the top of the fence thinking I would solve the problem, but it didn't. Issue with hot wire on top of fence when the dog goes over the top of the fence they do not get shocked. For a hot wire to work part of the body must me touching the ground. Doesn't happen when they are on top of the fence. You would need two lines one hot and one line grounded and dog would need to hit both to take a hit.

Thank you! Glad to know! This is why I asked, on here. For helpful info like this.

Comment

Yeah, you and your dogs are the problem. I've a neighbor like you. I had to build a taller fence and put chain link at the bottom so they could chew it to pieces too. Listen to them incessantly bark and attack the fence when I'm out there. Loads of fun.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                  My neighbor has a horse of a dog and he is very aggressive. This dog, by my neighbors own admission, is violent towards other dogs and some people. One day my dogs are going nuts in the backyard and I go out there to see the horse dog tearing down the fence so I grabbed a shovel and hit the fence board as hard as I could and the fence board smacked the horse dog and I assume broke his nose. I went to my neighbor after that and told him what happened (calmly) and he was ok with it but his wife was very mouthy. I informed them that it isn’t my problem that they keep an aggressive dog and that I will defend myself and my pets with force if needed. They now keep the dog under wraps. My yard, especially my back yard is mine and not for dogs or kids or anyone else to come and go as they please. Maybe an electric fence along the top of your existing fence is the solution. Dogs are animals and animals are unpredictable and you never know what they may do that could have very serious consequences.

What kind of dog looks like a horse?

Comment

I can hear the parent teacher conference now...

“How is my kid ever going to be successful if you keep giving him bad grades?”

Take some ownership in the real problem, an unattended dog with some ups. Buy some wood and/or a hot wire and be done with it. Or roll the dice with what happens if your dog jumps the fence on the wrong day.

Comment

I agree your dog is the problem. Looks like you need to build something like an overhang on your side to keep him from jumping over.
                      I do have to say that I would not like the neighbor reaching over the fence and spraying my dog while it is still in my yard. Now if it was in his, then so be it, but I think there is an issue if he is spraying the dogs while they are in my yard.

Comment

Put a camera on that fence line and see if he is instigating.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                          I was about to say the same thing. Build a taller fence. Sounds to me like your neighbor is more tolerant than me. He only sprayed water.

I think your neighbors have a neighbor issue.
                          He did however reach over the fence to spray the dog, I would never allow that... ever!!

Comment

Neighbor problems

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            He did however reach over the fence to spray the dog, I would never allow that... ever!!

It’s better than the alternative.

Getting to know your neighbors is basic living 101.

I wouldn’t want to be neighbors to most of y’all.

Just this week I was sitting in my truck waiting on my wife to get in to go to dinner and I noticed my gate opened with some dude walking through my yard. It was my 70 year old neighbor! I waited till he got by my window and rolled it down and said what the hell are you doing(jokingly)?He jumped back and was caught red handed! I should have shot him for trespassing but instead I said Mr. Rick you can use my side of the gate any time you want to. It lead to a conversation of us splitting sod work between our houses to get a discount and him letting me use his camp in Grand Isle with a lighted pier for the weekend.

Last edited by Black Ice; 04-23-2018, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Kennel

Comment

Play bite? Nope, that kinda **** doesn’t sit well with me...the OP sucks at life.

Comment

Working...
                                X