Looking for a good place to hunt in DFW area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a good place to hunt in DFW area

Looking for a good place to hunt near DFW area. Would pay around 50 per day and 100 per deer. New to Texas and dying to bow hunt.

Originally posted by jrice84 View Post
    Looking for a good place to hunt near DFW area. Would pay around 50 per day and 100 per deer. New to Texas and dying to bow hunt.
    Probably have better luck looking for public land. Don't think you'll find anything close for that cheap.

Comment

Unfortunately this is true.

Comment

If you find a place for $50/day or $100/deer, don't let anyone else know about it. Esp. around DFW!

Get yourself a $48 APH permit and go up to the National Grasslands, or find some Corps of Engineers land around a local reservoir that allows deer hunting. That's the only thing you'll find in your budget (and mine too!).

John

Comment

I'm guessing you're from the Midwest?

Comment

Most day hunts pay by how many " inches " you want. My friend payed $2500 to arrow a 225 scored buck.
            Google search and check the postings on the boards at your sporting good stores. You might find some affordable day hunts for pigs or cull deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltgrass Mikerr View Post
              Most day hunts pay by how many " inches " you want. My friend payed $2500 to arrow a 225 scored buck.
              Google search and check the postings on the boards at your sporting good stores. You might find some affordable day hunts for pigs or cull deer.
              a 225 or 125??

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes Im from the Midwest. Where do I get public hunting licsence?

"The whitetails are so little down here"

Comment

Originally posted by Saltgrass Mikerr View Post
                  I need to name of that ranch!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrice84 View Post
                    Thanks guys. Yes Im from the Midwest. Where do I get public hunting licsence?

"The whitetails are so little down here"
                    When you buy your hunting license tell them you want to add public hunt.
                    Welcome to Texas!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X