No announcement yet.

The New Lake Whitney-Lake Aquilla - 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizz its a great lake to fish, and yea I know a bit about it i love to fish it and have good inside knowledge well talk about it tommorrow and maybe we can all go together soon.
    Last edited by COUNTRY BOY; 08-03-2007, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Lake Cleburne ain't got no sandies. It's to full of shad

Comment

Yeah what TG said.

Comment

Hi fellas, I'll be hunting pigs in and around the waco area for the first time this year, wondering if ya'll could shed some light on any good spots at lake whitney/aquilla?,thanks.

Comment

I can't wait to see all yall that are coming to Caddo tomorrow ! It will be a great expereince to hear the storys yall will have to tell !

Comment

Howdy Flatbroke. I know the feeling . Welcome to the sight. Great first name ya got too, the real one. Right now Whitney is still up 3 feet. Most of the pigs will be on higher ground and on private property due to all the flooding for the past 2-1/2 months. But they will be back. No one here on this sight will give up secret locations, especially on a public forum where a lot of lurkers seek such secrets. There would no longer be any pigs or other things to hunt if someone did. I get hammered all the time for info. (Just kiddiing guys)

So with that being said: there aint no pigs, deer, turkey, ducks, doves, squirls, rabbits, ect at Whitney (it's an old joke).

There are a few pigs on Whitney's 14K, but it takes a lot of work to make it happen. Here's a hint: I ususally wait till after deer season to pig hunt when there is not much vegitation. I cover the beaches looking for dead fish. If I see dead fish, I move on. If no dead fish, then look for pig sign. The fish provide a high source of protien during the winter and they swallow-em whole J/K. They do eat the dead fish though. I know 14,000 acres is a lot of ground to cover and hints on location are appriciated. But the lurkers figure it out too. I have taken people to some of my honey holes in the past and 4 years later thier crowded. 8 years and there is no deer r other game from all the pressure.

The deer population had really improved since the lake went bow only back in 2000 (or was it 2001). But I bet it dropped a bit due the flooding this year. We lost animals the last couple of times it did this back in 1990, 1991, and 1992.

As for Aquilla, it just got back to normal elevation. There are a few pigs and a few deer, but not many.

There is a great since of satisfaction when your goal is finally achieved while on a public lands hunt. Public hunting grounds usually receive the most pressure and the animals become smarter, there for harder to hunt. Just remember, a deer, or a pig, or a turkey killed on public land, is a trophy.

Comment

thanks for the tips texas grown, i'll be scouting up there sometime soon by boat while fishing, maybe we'll bump into you.

Comment

OK guys so i started a new WHITNEY/AQUILLA thread for this upcomming year of reports and stories beings that a lot of us are gonna meet at caddo today I was thinking it would be a good time to start the new thread so after caddo st we can all have a place to meet back up for the new season

Comment

Long time no see. How is every one? Did some scouting yesterday seen 6 Doe and 3 fawns 1 spike. looking good for early season. Going to put up a camera seen some big buck tracks that were pretty fresh.

Comment

LWA, Good to hear from ya . Ya might want to skip over to the new thread we started for 07-08. We're gonna let this one "sink".

Comment

Working...
                      X