This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jefecinco View Post
    Herman left for UH in December 14. So if this latest incidence in question was 2015 he should be clear. But who knows in these deals.

My problem is this. Guys Wife may be legit or crazy, but Urban is the highest paid State employee of Ohio. Buck stops with him. And he kept this guy around long after 2015. He was lucky the face of the Florida franchise was Tebow, cause there were so many arrests and issues there too.

One of the two best college coaches. But at what cost. Fans don’t care. Hell how many Penn State fans supported Jo Pa.
    Yep why keep him . I don't care if he followed protocol. I would fire his *** for keeping him. I don't think Ohio St can keep him. His checkered past doesn't help any. I guess as far as Herman goes how long did they know of abuse. I'm sure asst coach didn't just decide one day in 2015 , after 6 yrs of being nice looked in the mirror and said " well today I think I'm just gonna beat the hell out of my wife"
    Last edited by BrandonA; 08-06-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Was the guy ever convicted of a crime?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Yep why keep him . I don't care if he followed protocol. I would fire his *** for keeping him. I don't think Ohio St can keep him. His checkered past doesn't help any. I guess as far as Herman goes how long did they know of abuse. I'm sure asst coach didn't just decide one day in 2015 , after 6 yrs of being nice looked in the mirror and said " well today I think I'm just gonna beat the hell out of my wife"
        True. Dude had history. But the big things were in 2015. Maybe Herman knew. Maybe everyone knew. But the fact is this was Urbans boy. Grandson of Earl Bruce, Urbans mentor. Look at the resumes of everyone on staff at Ohio State. All were either head coaches or coordinators or high level guys before coming there. Except this guy. Maybe Urban saw something in him, or maybe it was the grandson deal. Hard to be a whistle blower on the most powerful man in the state or his guy. How many knew about Sandusky. Not trying to compare what they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefecinco View Post
          True. Dude had history. But the big things were in 2015. Maybe Herman knew. Maybe everyone knew. But the fact is this was Urbans boy. Grandson of Earl Bruce, Urbans mentor. Look at the resumes of everyone on staff at Ohio State. All were either head coaches or coordinators or high level guys before coming there. Except this guy. Maybe Urban saw something in him, or maybe it was the grandson deal. Hard to be a whistle blower on the most powerful man in the state or his guy. How many knew about Sandusky. Not trying to compare what they did.
          According to what I heard if you were an employee you had to report it. Now maybe he was to report to Meyer. I don't know. But either way if the rest or some of the coaches knew they were required to report regardless of how big the man is.

Comment

This is silly...

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
              I think the female he beat up refused to press charges, not that it matters one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                It’s my understanding is that the police investigated and didn’t even bring charges... much less did he get arrested... never got to the DA... no conviction, obviously.

Comment

I just don’t know how it can be justified in not firing him after what happened with art Briles.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                    It’s my understanding is that the police investigated and didn’t even bring charges... much less did he get arrested... never got to the DA... no conviction, obviously.
                    Hence my thought of police coverup. You have pictures of said abuse. Husband admitting said abuse via text. Either the ex was to scared to press charges, either out of fear or intimidation, or the police / DA decided not do anything out of the same. Do not **** off the big monkey in the room and Ohio State football fan base. Protect the team
                    Last edited by BrandonA; 08-06-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                      I just don’t know how it can be justified in not firing him after what happened with art Briles.
                      Seriously??? You don’t see the difference between concealing the rape of female students by athletes compared to a grown woman who willingly stayed in an abusive marriage.

You might get to the eye doc, your perspective is off

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Does this trickle down to Herman. He worked very closely with Zack Smith.
                        WHOOOOO YAAAAAA LMAO!!!

he had to know. now lets get em all!!

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                          WHOOOOO YAAAAAA LMAO!!!

he had to know. now lets get em all!!
                          What's funny ? If he knew or any other coach knew and did nothing you think that's fine? Especially since by law he is suppose to report?

Comment

What's funny ? If he knew or any other coach knew and did nothing you think that's fine? Especially since by law he is suppose to report?

Did you see the part about he left the program in 2014 and the abuse in question happened in late 2015?

I agree on it being a witch hunt. No... I don't agree with how it was handled or with what the assistant coach did but still.....It seems like all the media does these days is dig and dig to find anything possible to break a story to get somebody fired these days and sell clicks.
                            Last edited by Smart; 08-06-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

no sir. i think its beautiful justice for those trying to pin it on meyer and claiming he absolutely knew and covered up a crime.

but as we know, no one at UT cares about spouse abuse! its all about wins and loses!

fire herman!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Did you see the part about he left the program in 2014 and the abuse in question happened in late 2015?
                                she claimed, at least at one point, that the abuse started in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X