Clear All

Gate #6 southeast.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
      Gate #6 southeast.

Ohhh got u lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i think imma go to the primitive boat launch probably Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
          i think imma go to the primitive boat launch probably Tuesday.

Friday I’ll be out there early near camp site

Comment

I was finally able to find a hog tag for Granger! You all are right, those things are hard to come by. Went out there on Sunday and toured the San Gabriel unit. I saw a few deer but no hogs. I also found a KillerTech bolt and a broken Beman arrow. The broadhead is in decent shape though. Think I'll try another area next time I venture out there in a couple weekends. Welcome any suggestions.

Comment

Heading Granger way after work... look like I might get a little moist out there tomorrow!

Comment

I heard there is a little bit of internet out caleefornee way.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello first post on the green screen. Been making weekly trips to granger for at least last month...trying to put in some miles and learn the units..put in about 8 miles this weekend between several units. Bumped into Carnage Saturday evening. He let me tag along with them. Didn't jump any hogs saw few deer... just hunting wherever the wind is in my advantage..can't get a hog if you not out there... i be out least one day each weekend over next couple weeks if anybody wants to meet up. Planning on trying to make GRXH this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojobeard View Post
                    Hello first post on the green screen. Been making weekly trips to granger for at least last month...trying to put in some miles and learn the units..put in about 8 miles this weekend between several units. Bumped into Carnage Saturday evening. He let me tag along with them. Didn't jump any hogs saw few deer... just hunting wherever the wind is in my advantage..can't get a hog if you not out there... i be out least one day each weekend over next couple weeks if anybody wants to meet up. Planning on trying to make GRXH this year.

You’re doing the legwork that’s what it’s all about get to know the land and tracking so you do your best to find their movements and locations eventually you’ll be posting a whole bunch of pics on what you got good luck I’ll be heading out there tomorrow while you guys are working ha ha Ha

Comment

Welcome to the elusive hog hunting at Granger!

Comment

Welcome to TBH and welcome to Granger hog hunting; you need to be thick skinned for both!

Keep going and keep posting, many of us are out there quite a bit and you already have the best plan for learning; just go.

If you have facebook look up Granger Ranger Group; it is a closed group so let me know who you are (Rojobeard) and I will let you in.

Don't miss GRXH, you will learn more (and see more) in one weekend than all year!

Comment

Hey guys, I shot high a couple days ago on a 120-ish lbs male out at granger right before dark. The arrow went through both sides but got stuck at the fletchings. After he ran over a half mile he made it into some thick brush. I couldn't follow the blood for more than 400 yards back. I have been pretty torn up about it (and in a state of semi-disbelief the last few days) and if anyone sees the hog please let me know. The fletchings on the arrow are yellow/white with a g5 montec broadhead.

Comment

Originally posted by jbord39 View Post
                            Hey guys, I shot high a couple days ago on a 120-ish lbs male out at granger right before dark. The arrow went through both sides but got stuck at the fletchings. After he ran over a half mile he made it into some thick brush. I couldn't follow the blood for more than 400 yards back. I have been pretty torn up about it (and in a state of semi-disbelief the last few days) and if anyone sees the hog please let me know. The fletchings on the arrow are yellow/white with a g5 montec broadhead.
                            Don't beat yourself up too badly over it, coyotes (and there are a bunch out there) gotta eat too. It happens on pigs, they are tough, just get back in the saddle; you will get one eventually.

Where were you at Granger? We find arrows all the time out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                              Don't beat yourself up too badly over it, coyotes (and there are a bunch out there) gotta eat too. It happens on pigs, they are tough, just get back in the saddle; you will get one eventually.

Where were you at Granger? We find arrows all the time out there...
                              Thanks for encouragement. I last saw him enter the grass around here:
                              30°42'36.2"N 97°21'15.8"W

Comment

Originally posted by jbord39 View Post
                                Thanks for encouragement. I last saw him enter the grass around here:
                                30°42'36.2"N 97°21'15.8"W
                                See there are pigs on sore finger!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X