Pipeline Food Plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipeline Food Plot

I have a question for the green screen. I’m looking to plant a fall food plot on a pipeline this year and I’m worried that it may get mowed by the pipeline company. Has any one ever had there plot mowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I’ve ever seen were smart/kind enough to just skip over. There wouldn’t be anything to mow in a fall plot anyway. Even if you planted crazy early it wouldn’t be tall enough to touch a blade….. and if by chance it did, it would probably be helping it

Comment

How do you get em to mow it lol?
      They come through with weedeaters once a yr if I'm lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        Him and I hunt on the same pipline. Usually, unless its really wet they will come mow it every year between september and october.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          All I’ve ever seen were smart/kind enough to just skip over. There wouldn’t be anything to mow in a fall plot anyway. Even if you planted crazy early it wouldn’t be tall enough to touch a blade….. and if by chance it did, it would probably be helping it

Good to hear, and I guess that makes since looking to get it in mid September and they normal show up to mow first to second week of bow season.

Comment

We have 4 interstate, 2 intrastate and 2 gathering pipelines on our farm, roughly about 14 acres of food plots. Never had a single issue in 30+ years.

Comment

Should be a sign at every road crossing. Call them and ask them not to mow it. If they agree, I’d still put a sign up on each end in English AND SPANISH saying DO NOT MOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Should be a sign at every road crossing. Call them and ask them not to mow it. If they agree, I’d still put a sign up on each end in English AND SPANISH saying DO NOT MOW.

The signs were my plan, just checking to see if it was needed or not.

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                We have 4 interstate, 2 intrastate and 2 gathering pipelines on our farm, roughly about 14 acres of food plots. Never had a single issue in 30+ years.
                Thanks, good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  The gas well on our lease isn't producing enough for them to even come out more than once a month and check it, let alone mow. It's probably been 10+ years since they did. I sure miss not having to mess with it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    The gas well on our lease isn't producing enough for them to even come out more than once a month and check it, let alone mow. It's probably been 10+ years since they did. I sure miss not having to mess with it. LOL
                    They are on the property weekly, sometimes daily, 3 active wells.
                    They won't even repair their bridge that washed out, or cover up the 40ft of exposed pipe .
                    Big tree ever comes down the creek in a flood and that pipe will be history.

Comment

OP, what pipeline company is it? Depending on this, I may have a contact for you.

Regardless call them, if you call the number on the sign it will be to there control center. Ask for the phone number to the local field office for your area. Talk to those guys. They should be accommodating.

Comment

I’ve hunted on a pipeline for 25 years. They have never mowed my planted food plots. My stands are in Hardin and Polk Counties

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I’ve hunted on a pipeline for 25 years. They have never mowed my planted food plots. My stands are in Hardin and Polk Counties

Good deal, I was hoping this was the case.

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          OP, what pipeline company is it? Depending on this, I may have a contact for you.

Regardless call them, if you call the number on the sign it will be to there control center. Ask for the phone number to the local field office for your area. Talk to those guys. They should be accommodating.

Not really sure never payed attention, I’ll ride out there this weekend end and give it a shot. Thanks

Comment

Don't put up signs telling them not to mow. Invariably, someone will get the redass and do it out of spite... "that's OUR ROW, and we'll mow it if we please" kind of stuff. Seen it first hand.

Comment

Working...
                            X