WMP (Wildlife management plan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WMP (Wildlife management plan)

I am planning on swapping from an ag to a wildlife exemption this next year. I was wondering if anyone had an example of how they did their WMP that i could look at or know where i can find one? I have all my paperwork that shows the different options but it doesnt give examples on how to actually put it all together.
    Thanks in advance

Have you had your ag exemption for at least 5 years? If so, it's pretty easy to do. I do them fairly regular for ranch owners looking to switch over to wildlife exemption. I typically use the TPWD format WMP and most of it is fill in the blank once you have all the info you have to put into it.

Comment

Yes.
      Im assuming i can find that on the TPWD website?

Comment

Following. Actually have all the paperwork on the counter to fill out.

Comment

Found the form and LOTS of info on TPWD site.
          Thanks

Comment

There you go. Now, get all your info, that applies to your property, and basically fill in the blanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
              Have you had your ag exemption for at least 5 years? If so, it's pretty easy to do. I do them fairly regular for ranch owners looking to switch over to wildlife exemption. I typically use the TPWD format WMP and most of it is fill in the blank once you have all the info you have to put into it.
              Pretty Sure that you don't need to have ag valuation in place for 5yrs (at least in Smith co) to change to wildlife
              Now if you mean to get to ag valuation you need 5yrs of documented ag use they do require that to get to ag valuation
              After that you can change it after a year

Of course every county is different though

Comment

All counties can be a little different. Most require an ag exemption for the previous 5 years before being able to go into a wildlife. Other option is that if you just purchased a property and the previous owner had a wildlife exemption, you can transfer it in your name.

Comment

Most are 5 years ag and then you can change over. My experience with this is the easiest wildlife exemption is for songbirds. Easy, cheapest wildlife exemption in my opinion. Kill fire ans, put up nesting areas (2 liter coke bottles hung from trees with hole in them, water station, food plot with seeds for birds, predator control, etc..... Wildlife bio told me to do birds and it was best advice I got.

Comment

Someone told me you can run the wildlife exemption w/ ur ag and it would make taxes even cheaper, this true? I just bought 42 acres earlier this year that has been ag exempt, what do I need to do to transfer it ect to keep it? Parker County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Most are 5 years ag and then you can change over. My experience with this is the easiest wildlife exemption is for songbirds. Easy, cheapest wildlife exemption in my opinion. Kill fire ans, put up nesting areas (2 liter coke bottles hung from trees with hole in them, water station, food plot with seeds for birds, predator control, etc..... Wildlife bio told me to do birds and it was best advice I got.
                      X2. I think we got the same advice. Super easy!

Comment

I’m working on this now too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                          Someone told me you can run the wildlife exemption w/ ur ag and it would make taxes even cheaper, this true? I just bought 42 acres earlier this year that has been ag exempt, what do I need to do to transfer it ect to keep it? Parker County

You can’t get the tax exemption for both wildlife and ag. Google 1-d-1 tax conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            You can’t get the tax exemption for both wildlife and ag. Google 1-d-1 tax conversion.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/huntwild/tax_valuation.phtml

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                              All counties can be a little different. Most require an ag exemption for the previous 5 years before being able to go into a wildlife. Other option is that if you just purchased a property and the previous owner had a wildlife exemption, you can transfer it in your name.
                              I need to check on regs here again, about to roll some timber valuation into wildlife

They may have changed here too

Comment

Working...
                              X