Hog Trap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techzan View Post
    Next hog trap I buy will have a door that swings down like yours instead of a door that swings to the side. I've tried all sorts of heavy duty springs but many of the hogs are still able to open the door & get out.
    Same issue on our trap...got my camera on the trap and 6 of them got caught at once. It was fine for about 2 hours, then they became restless. I don't have the video, but they got that stinking door up, off it hinges and escaped. Funny thing though, they cam back later and ate some more corn. All of that over night in about a 3 hour span.

Comment

Originally posted by mej4219 View Post
      All of our traps have wire panel on the bottoms. We catch enough pigs in them. We'd catch more if we moved them more, but the wire bottom has never been an issue for us.
      Yep--

Comment

Wire bottom never an issue for mine. I mount a feeder over the trap and give them time to get used to it. The old smart ones may be a bit shy at first but it doesn't take them long to start going in once they see others doing it. When I have a good number of them on camera consistently going in I set it to catch.

Comment

Working...
        X