No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look like Daisy kept your hog bayed up like a catahoula should!!! Congrats on the progress ... I havnt had much time to get to my place this spring... Hogs are moving in on us aswell ... Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know what you mean about push mowing. Same thing here. I jacked up the riding mower & used a push mower to mow about a half acre. Coming together for you Chew.

Comment

Got the JD mower running last night. Its the small victories in life.....

Comment

KCA! Good for you, sir. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Mr. Chew,
            You've got a very nice place there and you've put a lot of work into it. But even the work can be fun when it's your own place. Seems like you never get it all just like you want it. That's part of the enjoyment or at least I think so.
            I love that country around there. Back in the 60s and early 70s I hunted my dad's cousin's 80 acres just South East of Centerville. Wasn't very many deer back then but I had a lot of enjoyment there. He lost the place in a divorce.
            In 88 and 89 I hunted a 2400 acre lease between Centerville and Buffalo. There were a lot more and better deer then than the early years. And I still liked that area. Beautiful country.

Thanks for sharing your place and your progress with us. It pleasures me to see someone deserving being rewarded and enjoying life.

Keep the thread going, please.

JC

Comment

Looking good Chew, glad you got the rider fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                Mr. Chew,
                You've got a very nice place there and you've put a lot of work into it. But even the work can be fun when it's your own place. Seems like you never get it all just like you want it. That's part of the enjoyment or at least I think so.
                I love that country around there. Back in the 60s and early 70s I hunted my dad's cousin's 80 acres just South East of Centerville. Wasn't very many deer back then but I had a lot of enjoyment there. He lost the place in a divorce.
                In 88 and 89 I hunted a 2400 acre lease between Centerville and Buffalo. There were a lot more and better deer then than the early years. And I still liked that area. Beautiful country.

Thanks for sharing your place and your progress with us. It pleasures me to see someone deserving being rewarded and enjoying life.

Keep the thread going, please.

JC
                Very nice post. Thank you sir. Its a place that makes me look upwards to the sky and smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                  Looking good Chew, glad you got the rider fixed!
                  Wife was so happy she got outside and pressure washed it yesterday. [emoji13]

Comment

Looking good with the progress moving forward. Thanks for taking us along!!

Comment

Stumbled on this thread yesterday and couldn't stop reading. Congrats Chew! It looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        Looking good with the progress moving forward. Thanks for taking us along!!
                        Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.
                        Originally posted by SnJGuin View Post
                        Stumbled on this thread yesterday and couldn't stop reading. Congrats Chew! It looks great!

Comment

Awesome place ... just finished reading this thread. If you haven't hung the panelling on your new place I would suggest beefing up the framing by putting an extra 2x4 on either side of the door so it is a double stud frame. Would at least do hinge side at a minimum. The weight of the door itself is asking a lot out a single 2x4. Would also add double 2x4 headers (strong way) above the door and windows. After this add a cripple stud above the door and windows to pick up roof load (cutting span of top plate). Add additional cripples (or jack studs) to bottom of the window sills. Good luck with rest of your build - thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
                            Awesome place ... just finished reading this thread. If you haven't hung the panelling on your new place I would suggest beefing up the framing by putting an extra 2x4 on either side of the door so it is a double stud frame. Would at least do hinge side at a minimum. The weight of the door itself is asking a lot out a single 2x4. Would also add double 2x4 headers (strong way) above the door and windows. After this add a cripple stud above the door and windows to pick up roof load (cutting span of top plate). Add additional cripples (or jack studs) to bottom of the window sills. Good luck with rest of your build - thanks for sharing.
                            Good info. Thanks!

Comment

Excellent. Nothing like your own piece of peace.

Comment

Excellent. Nothing like your own piece of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X