One of those nights....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those nights....

So more and more often I find myself having nights like this... Laid down, went right to sleep... then 2 or so hours later I'm up. Worrying, brain wont shut off. Rethinking the plan for money, worrying about choices I made. Chastising myself for not working harder... I pray... I try to go back to sleep... I go through the plan if things go well, I think up contingencies for if things don't. I would play guitar but don't want to wake the wife...

I worry that I'm not taking enough risk to get where/what I want for my family... A lot of the worry I think is my just being more driven now to succeed... but not sure how to DO it.

Keep trying to figure out how business people get into there first gigs. How do they get the ball rolling... Feel like all the good ideas are taken, and worry that I'm one of those sissy millennial types saying "I AM OWED A CHANCE!". I know I am not owed a dang thing other than the chance to work hard...

Anyway after 2 hours of tossing and turning I just got up and made some coffee... I'll see if I can't plug away on the work I do for other peoples companies... If I can grind out some success then maybe it't not the time waste I worry it is...

28 years old and still have no clue what I want to be when I grow up... Don't THINK this is it, well, part of what I do could be it but not the details. Feel like I know what I'm good at just need to figure out a niche and exploit it. That or win the lotto lol...

Maybe I'm weird... I mean I KNOW i'm not "normal"... but just needed to type some of this out I guess. Just one of those nights. At least the coffee the wife got is good, life is too dang short for bad coffee...

ps- CT and MRI planned for Wednesday at MD Anderson, wouldn't mind a few extra good vibrations if you have a chance to think about me.
    Last edited by catslayer; 06-05-2018, 02:34 AM.

Prayers up for all of the above.

Comment

Good luck Wednesday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there too, bro. In fact, I’m always there and I’m 20 years older than you!

I chased the American dream as people laid it out to be. Now that I know better, I wish I had only chased my happiness.

Make sure your wife is on the same page with you.

Continue to seek refuge with God from Satan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up... the Lord has a plan for you.

Comment

Prayers up. Trust in the Lord. Everthing will fall into place and happen when it's supposed to. Good luck on Wednesday.

Comment

Good luck wednesday. Im am no authority on the subject, but as far as success or starting a business I dont think wracking your brain and worrying will make it happen. You cant force it. Circumstances will transpire ( if they do ) and then you have to be ready to pounce. For many starting a business doesnt happen until they are older and have built up a network and deep intimate knowlege or skill. Sure, there are those that hit it just right at 22yo, but those are rare. Most have to work and pay their dues to get it. All this is just my opinion from experience and observation.

Comment

I lived the same thing you are going through. Started and ran my own business for 10 years and had many sleepless nights. Being self employed is not for everyone. Finally figured out that I was a better employee than a boss. Went to work for the competition and am better off. Sleep stress free now. Good luck to you.

Comment

There are a lot of unanswered questions that you need to find answers for. What is success? How will you know If you have reached your goal if you don't know what the goal is ?Success for one will not be the same for others. You mention starting your own business. Is that the goal? Most successful business people that I know of found something they enjoy doing and then become very good at before starting a venture. I know nothing of your situation but I do know if you are not happy none of it is worth anything. Relax and think about what you are really after and go for it . If it is meant to be it will work out. If it doesn't try again a different way. Only you can determine if you are successful or not. Good luck with your test.

Comment

I don't know what to say if you're a worrier. My daddy was a worrier. He worried about everything, even those he couldn't control. I'm blessed that I'm not. I worry about things I can change, for a little while, then I change them. If I can't, then I stop worrying about them.

I quit working for other people in 1989, with $5,000 to my name. That's not much money to enter the dirt moving business with, and so I worried that I might not make it. Mostly, I worried that I couldn't pay the people I was obligated to. All of them I knew, some were my friends. But I persevered, and so did they, and it all worked out.

The point is, you may be more comfortable working for someone else, and not having the burden of being in business for yourself. Chasing someone else's goals is not the answer. To be happy, you have to do what you want for the most part. That doesn't mean you get to do what you want 100% of the time, but the long term goals should be what you want. Hope you find some relief, life's short enough without worrying all the time.

Comment

Someone once told me "you get rich by first helping other people get rich". As a petroleum geologist I could totally understand this concept. So far I haven't made enough other people rich yet apparently. Best of luck as you sort this out. And prayers sent for a successful MRI and CT scan.

Comment

Prayers sent for you and your Family

Comment

Prayers sent.

If you want something bad enough, you’ll find a way to go get it. I’m on a straight shot in my career now after 7-8 years of working hard and learning this stuff to get where I’m at. Need another 20-25 years and hoping my investments and choices cruise me into early retirement . Keep at it man. Pray. Work hard. You’ll get there.

Comment

I went through that a couple years ago just out if college. Only way I really got out of it was to realize whats done is done. Just let go of it and dont think about the should have and could haves. Give 110% at your job. Hard work gets noticed, lay your self out there and it will come in time. Only 25 but I didnt get much sleep for several years there between 21-24. Constant regret from some choices, soon as I started focusing on the good choices I made and started being thankful for where I was and currently am helped a lot also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I find myself in the same situation quite often, although my position has me thinking about work 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. My job never leaves my brain. It is mentally exhausting. Then you throw the personal life stresses in the mix and it can really wear you down.

I too have the same drive you speak of in terms of success and providing the best life for my family. I’m not saying I don’t like my job, or the people I work for, BUT, I will never reach my goals by simply only working here. There is not enough money in it to be where I want to be. You have to be hungry and want more all the time. Maybe that sounds greedy, but successful people didn’t get successful by settling. As long as you never just settle and keep your eye out, an opportunity may present itself at some point. As stated above, you just have to be ready to jump on it when that time comes around. And who knows when it will be. I’m 31 and have been trying to figure it out for several years. It may be another 5, 10, 15 before it hits but I will always be looking for that opportunity to create a more successful life.

I know the saying is money won’t make you happy. However, there is a certain point where certain financial situations can relieve a lot of the stresses. At the end of the day, it takes money to have or do the things that make you happy. There is definitely a happy medium there.

Comment

Working...
                              X