No announcement yet.

first time online gun purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some online dealers have preferred FFLs. The dealer already has the FFLs info and has guaranteed prices for transfers from that online dealer. I'd recommend at least considering using an online dealer's preferred FFL to avoid the hassle of having to get the license sent and finding out what the transfer fee is.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
      Some online dealers have preferred FFLs. The dealer already has the FFLs info and has guaranteed prices for transfers from that online dealer. I'd recommend at least considering using an online dealer's preferred FFL to avoid the hassle of having to get the license sent and finding out what the transfer fee is.

LWD
      So with these preferred ffl dealers, is there still a need for me to contact ffl? Or can I purchase gun, have it shipped to preferred dealer, get phone call and fill out forms, take gun home?

Comment

I know some people aren't fans, but I have ordered from budsgunshop.com several times, choose a FFL from their preferred list near you and order. Call the FFL and let them know you have one coming their way. Done deal

Comment

I would check www.budsgunshop.com and see if they have the gun you are looking for. They are a great online shop with good prices. They also have a list of local ffl dealers with reviews and prices for each one. I have ordered two guns from them and have been very happy each time.

Comment

I don't think I've ever bought a gun in Texas. Out of state sales on gubroker with no tax and free shipping for the win. I usually end up paying $50-150 less than the lowest local prices, and that's including ffl fee.

Comment

let us know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                yes you will want to contact them first to make sure they will accept the transfer, and get a quote for their fee.

1. talk to FFL
                2. order gun
                3. send info to FFL of where you purchased, order number, contact info
                4. wait for FFL call to pickup
                5. go to FFL, complete a 4473, pass a background check, pay FFL transfer fee, leave with gun
                This is correct. Send a PM to kcmarullo. He is a FFL and in sante fe.

If he can't do the transfer, I can. I am in league city.

Comment

painless process. Find a local FFL and make sure they will do the transfer. Purchase the firearm and have you local FFL fax or e-mail a copy of their license to the seller, seller ships firearm to your local FFL where you do the paperwork. I do several transfers a year for customers.

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
                    So with these preferred ffl dealers, is there still a need for me to contact ffl? Or can I purchase gun, have it shipped to preferred dealer, get phone call and fill out forms, take gun home?
                    Its best to call before. I have had multiple firearms show up without the sellers contact info. I didn't know they were coming so I had to just wait till the guy called.

Comment

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post
                      I know some people aren't fans, but I have ordered from budsgunshop.com several times, choose a FFL from their preferred list near you and order. Call the FFL and let them know you have one coming their way. Done deal
                      I've done this several times as well with good results

Comment

Working...
                      X