Gout meals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gout meals??

Anyone have any good gout-friendly meals you use that are tasty for a “steak and potatoes” kind of man?? Any ideas would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JewellHuntress; 04-13-2018, 11:34 AM.

For me, it’s steak and potatoes with a daily Allopurinol. Since I started on that several years ago, I can eat and drink what I want.

That being said, I know there are gout friendly meals out there but everyone usually has some different triggers.

Comment

Portabella mushrooms with steak seasoning on it. Boil cauliflower and put in mixer like mashed potatoes.

It ain’t steak and taters but it won’t cripple you to your knees either

Comment

Look at your meds as well. I had gout and it was another medication causing it. Killed that med and killed the gout. I will not even go back on that class of medication.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't get Eradicator's menu. You will be done for

Comment

I dont know if you are taking meds as well. I take allpurinol and eat and drink pretty much what i want.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
              For me, it’s steak and potatoes with a daily Allopurinol. Since I started on that several years ago, I can eat and drink what I want.

That being said, I know there are gout friendly meals out there but everyone usually has some different triggers.

I don’t know what med they are trying to give him because he just got diagnosed today and getting anything filled in Bif Spring takes an act of God apparently. But if he is on it and he’s having a flare up, anything should be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by JewellHuntress View Post
                I don’t know what med they are trying to give him because he just got diagnosed today and getting anything filled in Bif Spring takes an act of God apparently. But if he is on it and he’s having a flare up, anything should be ok?

If he is on any cholesterol meds.......they caused gout in me due to muscle damage. Got off them and fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by JewellHuntress View Post

I'd say in a flare up, you would probably want to avoid the red meat, shrimp, red wine, beer, alcohol stuff. I've heard people drink cherry juice or take a cherry supplement and that helps them. It never worked for me. I had to get Indomethicin to get the flares to go down and then daily Allopurinol. Once the flare was gone and I was back to normal and consistently taking the meds, I haven't had a flare up at all and I really like steak and red meat and beer. It's been about 2 years since I have had any issues. Thank goodness. I used to get flare ups in my ankles and knees and it was crippling..

Comment

You have to figure out what your trigger food is. For me it was shrimp and crabs. However I can attribute my first two attacks to grazon herbicides. The next day after using them I had attacks. Later I found slight foot injuries would trigger an attack and the last one didnt go away with the steroid shot and pills. So I just started Allopurinol myself. I had some shrimp and crap and it didnt effect me.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                      If he is on any cholesterol meds.......they caused gout in me due to muscle damage. Got off them and fixed.

He doesn’t take any medicine at all actually. But I will keep that in mind if he ever has to any kind. Thank you!

Comment

I've had some success with drinking lots of water to keep my body in good shape, pH level speaking. Try to keep from drinking too many cokes. Also, a daily dose of apple cider vinegar has helped a lot. When I get a flare-up, I start taking several tablespoons of ACV a day and it usually goes away pretty fast. You have to get the stuff with the "mother", i.e. the cloudy stuff at the bottom of the bottle. Shake it up good, put a tablespoon in with a glass of water and drink it down. Do that every morning, and drink enough water, and he shouldn't have to worry too much about what he's eating.

Look up purine-rich foods, and try to limit them. It's worked pretty well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          You have to figure out what your trigger food is. For me it was shrimp and crabs. However I can attribute my first two attacks to grazon herbicides. The next day after using them I had attacks. Later I found slight foot injuries would trigger an attack and the last one didnt go away with the steroid shot and pills. So I just started Allopurinol myself. I had some shrimp and crap and it didnt effect me.

We’ve been trying to see if he changed anything up, but basically his entire diet is a possible cause. Steak, opas, boudin, crown and coke...

Comment

I take wild cherry extract capsules 2 per day and have no issues with flair ups but if you miss a few days look out. Lots of water also helps.

Comment

My g-ma ate a lot of pecans.

Comment

Working...
                              X