No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2014-2015 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the bag limit for white tail in the dcnf?

Comment

Headed up tomorrow me and a few buddy's will be camping out on the south end, all these pics have me pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by WTR93 View Post
        What is the bag limit for white tail in the dcnf?

2 does during archery only
        1 buck larger than 13"
        1 buck with at lease 1 unbranched antler

4 deer total

Comment

Any updates on rut action this week?

Comment

Official Davy Crockett 2014-2015 Thread

My father in law has been hunting all week he has seen 5 bucks. He said ALL were chasing. I shot a doe last week that came into a grunt and stood and hung around a scrape for 10min before I shot her. While she was laying there a buck came in 10min later following her trail. Sniffed her tail, poked and kicked her a bit then took off.

Comment

Dead yesterday, a lil better today. Saw 2 bucks, 1 chasing a doe and th at it. Logged 9hrs today. Sat daylight until 3. There was a ton of people hunting alabama creek and heard 0 shots yesterday and 2 this am. Probaby 15+ campers at one site

Comment

Saw nothing yesterday except lots of vehicles going down the road on the south side. Lots of hunters out.

Comment

Hunted Thursday thru Saturday. All I saw was about 10 does. None of them were being harassed by bucks.

For the size of the place, didn't seem crowded at all. Never saw anyone in the woods while hunting.

Lots of law breakers tho. Saw a couple of feeders and a wooden ladder stand that I KNOW that has been up at least 3 weeks.

Comment

Yesterday for the third time since opening day (I only hunted the weekends)I could see deer walk straight to an area and within 4 minutes I hear a gun shot. This is my second year hunting so I wanted to figure out what his tricks are. I went over there after he left to look at the trees because I don't really know the difference between oaks and to see if he was hunting a scrape line. If figured out his secret! I was gunna put a picture of it but I can't get it to upload. This guy must have took 30 to 40 lbs of corn and spread it out through his area. Man it sucked! I had acorns by me but they went to this guy's spot.

Comment

Originally posted by WTR93 View Post
                      Yesterday for the third time since opening day (I only hunted the weekends)I could see deer walk straight to an area and within 4 minutes I hear a gun shot. This is my second year hunting so I wanted to figure out what his tricks are. I went over there after he left to look at the trees because I don't really know the difference between oaks and to see if he was hunting a scrape line. If figured out his secret! I was gunna put a picture of it but I can't get it to upload. This guy must have took 30 to 40 lbs of corn and spread it out through his area. Man it sucked! I had acorns by me but they went to this guy's spot.
                      I have found more corn bags, feeder boxes in the south DCNF more than the SHNF. Corn is the norm in the DCNF!! At least thats what I see. It sucks!!

Comment

My cousin and I hunted Saturday. We saw 5 bucks and 3 does. All 5 bucks were chasing does hard. My cousin got a 9 point with a 14" spread.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarMJ View Post
                          My cousin and I hunted Saturday. We saw 5 bucks and 3 does. All 5 bucks were chasing does hard. My cousin got a 9 point with a 14" spread.

Pics?

Comment

Are you guys all bow hunting during regular season? I hunted Thursday to Sunday. Saw a bunch of does. no bucks. now real chasing activity.

curious on who pics up the gun after November 1 on here.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                              Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarMJ View Post

Good deer!

Comment

Working...
                                X