X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to get drawn all the time getting tough now

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
      Has anybody that's hunted out there had any success?
      I hunted out there a couple of years ago and had a blast. Great deer population and I was luck enough to see deer on every sit. I hunted in a pop up and had no issue getting deer to come up within 20 yards via rattling. The downside, the deer are huge with very small racks. I.E. don't make AR's. I passed on so many deer just because they didn't look like they would make the AR spread. Have a great hunt.

Comment

I got hunt #8 again. I think that's the same hunt I got last year and had a big bodied buck come within bow range several times but it had a tag in its ear and had already shed it's antlers. I love hunting out there. I always see plenty of deer.

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
          I used to get drawn all the time getting tough now
          Same here. I remember standing in line back in the late '80s at 2:30PM on Friday afternoons so I could get a permit from Ranger Tackett at 4:30PM the same day. If you weren't there by 2:30PM you weren't gonna get one due to all the other people .

Comment

Is it better hunting by the corps office or on the other side of the lake?

Comment

I went out and did some scouting this evening. When I got back to the truck I got to meet the local game warden. It was crazy. She already knew my name and the hunt I was drawn for. I talked to her for a bit. Nice lady.

Comment

Other side..of lake..good luck.
                That's good deal glad to see GW out checking on things..

Comment

I was glad to see her there too. Hopefully the game wardens keep a good presence around there.

Comment

Originally posted by USNCPO View Post
                    I was glad to see her there too. Hopefully the game wardens keep a good presence around there.
                    They do. More than most realize .

Comment

I've only gotten to hunt there once in 6 years of putting in for it. You could say I had some success.

Comment

Anybody got some pics of past kills

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                          Anybody got some pics of past kills
                          I thought about posting a pic of a monster, but thought that would be cruel.

Comment

I will be hunting benbrook for the first timer this year and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for benbrook, not trying to find out where your spot is just looking for a little help, drawn 3.

Comment

It's not any different then hunting anywhere else. Look for travel areas food water natural choke points and stay away from human travel areas.

Comment

Little scouting goes long way out there..alot of the area u can glass..and watch for deer travel...

Comment

Working...
                                X