No announcement yet.

Hunting Memberships Available - Newton County - 1-2 membersips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]912199[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][ATTACH]912191[/ATTACH]

Some of the deer from the last few years.
    Attached Files

Comment

I would say you guys have some nice bucks

How much protein do you guys feed?

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
        I would say you guys have some nice bucks

How much protein do you guys feed?
        Thank you. We have a great group of likeminded members that make Scrappin’ Valley a great place.

Guessing 60 tons of protein a year.

We ask that each member feed 750 pounds every 30 days from February-August minimum. Most do more.
        Last edited by TWOHunter; 06-19-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

So about 5k a year or better to maybe shoot a deer you are allowed to shoot with 29 people ****** at you if you mess up. I would hope 5k would get you a 140in or 150in deer every year or at least shot opportunities. Why is the quota so low 15 bucks and 30 something doe for such a big place?

You have been on the place 3 years. Have you shot anything? I am sorry to derail your thread. I am just surprised by the cost of things now a days. I am looking at hunting out of state in the Midwest for this reason.

Y'all have awesome deer. Just 30 memberships with each member allowed so many hunters and only 15 buck tags and 30 something doe tags. Would it be better to pay twice as much and assure a buck tag for each member? What if one member is retired and has a big family and they shoot 6 of the 15 allotted tags that year?

Main thing, you have a place you love that works for you and yall have some monsters to shoot.
          Last edited by Beargrasstx; 06-19-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
            So about 5k a year or better to maybe shoot a deer you are allowed to shoot with 29 people ****** at you if you mess up. I would hope 5k would get you a 140in or 150in deer every year or at least shot opportunities. Why is the quota so low 15 bucks and 30 something doe for such a big place?

You have been on the place 3 years. Have you shot anything? I am sorry to derail your thread. I am just surprised by the cost of things now a days. I am looking at hunting out of state in the Midwest for this reason.

Y'all have awesome deer. Just 30 memberships with each member allowed so many hunters and only 15 buck tags and 30 something doe tags. Would it be better to pay twice as much and assure a buck tag for each member? What if one member is retired and has a big family and they shoot 6 of the 15 allotted tags that year?

Main thing, you have a place you love that works for you and yall have some monsters to shoot.
            The lease I’m on is MLDP 3 as well. We have 15 or 16 guns and last year we got 8 buck permits. I think we used 4 of them and one was a big time oops deer (that guy is not on the lease anymore). We don’t shoot or even see 150” class bucks so 15 permits for 30 guys when they’re killing bucks like that ain’t too shabby at all.

Comment

Really nice bucks, but like beargrass said, $5k for a doe? Whew!

Comment

Dang , I didn't know we had that big of deer on the place ! I need to quit catching those 10# bass in our lake and get up in my tree ! Afternoon hunt that is ! The Cajun likes his morning nap !

Comment

I have been on this lease for the 3 years that Chad has had it. When I joined I did not know any of the members. Luckily we have a great group of like minded people with the same goals. I have been on leases all over Texas in the past but grew up hunting East Texas. This lease is just like East Texas hunting except you will average seeing 6 to 10 deer per hunt and pass on bucks you would shoot on any other East Texas lease. Obviously this lease is not cheap and is not for everyone. I (or my grandsons) have killed 2 bucks and 4 does in the past 3 years. The membership has yet to use all the allotted tags and normally have to beg the guys to shoot does. My family uses the place year round for camping and fishing in addition to hunting. Wife and I are about to have our 40th wedding anniversary and she wants to spend it at the deer camp. Lucky me.

Comment

Hunting Memberships Available - Newton County - 1-2 membersips

It’s a wonderful place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to hunt on a leases years ago that bordered this lease. There were some monsters that come out of there. Its hard too believe but I have seen deer jump back forth across that high fence. I was hunting close to the weeks settlement.

Comment

Working...
                      X