How to get on at Ft. Hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get on at Ft. Hood?

Hello All....I'm a returning member who could not find his old TBH info, so started over. I'm in the Air Force and am looking form information on hunting at Ft. Hood. What's the process?

Love to bow hunt and shoot as well. I'm obviously in the SA area....specifically, I live in Boerne.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Bigbrown View Post
    Hello All....I'm a returning member who could not find his old TBH info, so started over. I'm in the Air Force and am looking form information on hunting at Ft. Hood. What's the process?

Love to bow hunt and shoot as well. I'm obviously in the SA area....specifically, I live in Boerne.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
    You need to get on the Fort Hood thread on TBH. But, in a nutshell here you go with required documents:
    1. State Hunting License
    2. Hunter Safety Card (Course is given on Fort Hood. Call the Sportsmens Center at 532-4552.)
    3. Fort Hood Hunting Permit
    4. Area Access Card
    5. To gain access to any training area on Fort Hood for any reason you will have to call into the automated teletrac system.

The Fort Hood thread on TBH is a HUGE help. Lots of great info on there.
    Last edited by U.S.ArmyRetired; 12-18-2012, 03:26 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Must got to visitors center to get vehicle pass if no sticker. License, registration and proof of insurance. Declare firearms at checkpoint. Unsure if you have to register.

Comment

Thanks all...can u hunt on camp bullis?

Comment

You can not sure on procedures though.

Comment

I'm going to look into it. Will post a how too once I figure it out...

Comment

Working...
            X