how to kill bamboo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to kill bamboo

Anyone know how to kill bamboo. It was taking over my yard so I cut all the canes down and poured Round-up and bleach on the stumps. Didn't work. Shoots are still popping up all over. Dang devil weed...

The shoots are popping up from the roots/rhyzomes. It is a very difficult plant to eradicate. I have found it best to try to control the growth by putting up some kind of barrier between where they are and where they are trying to go. Digging up the roots is about the only way I have found, but a friend of mines tractor was sitting next to his and his tire accidently leaked calcium chloride onto his and it killed them dead.

Comment

Originally posted by HighCountry View Post
      The shoots are popping up from the roots/rhyzomes. It is a very difficult plant to eradicate. I have found it best to try to control the growth by putting up some kind of barrier between where they are and where they are trying to go. Digging up the roots is about the only way I have found, but a friend of mines tractor was sitting next to his and his tire accidently leaked calcium chloride onto his and it killed them dead.

Comment

Reminds me of a neighbor problem I had in my last house. I planted 300' of bambo to use as a barrier between us. I bet he is still fighting that dang stuff.

Comment

I have some stuff at work that could kill the Amazon, but I would go to jail for life if I got caught with it!

Comment

Remedy and diesel?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              Reminds me of a neighbor problem I had in my last house. I planted 300' of bambo to use as a barrier between us. I bet he is still fighting that dang stuff.
              Yep, I planted it as a privacy barrier. Looks nice in the winter when everything else is dead brown but now I just want it gone....

Comment

Get a Panda Bear!

Comment

Backhoe is the only way to get rid of that stuff...I had planted so much of it back home in Maui, and it spread to my neighbors place....tried everything...the only way is to dig it out!!!! Or start making some fishing poles, bow's, and there even making bike frames out of bamboo now..super keewl!!!! Good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloBill View Post
                    Get a Panda Bear!
                    That is a good one

Comment

I was going to plant some in a dead zone in my yard, but i guess it is not a good ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by thec4ranch View Post
                        I was going to plant some in a dead zone in my yard, but i guess it is not a good ideal.
                        It looks nice but is a bear to manage.. its the roach of plants. The stuff does not die..
                        Last edited by Mastro; 03-06-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloBill View Post
                          Get a Panda Bear!
                          I second this motion.

Comment

remedy and diesel, and or napalm lol

Comment

You can grow it to death. Mow it every week and it will eventually die.

Comment

Working...
                              X