I'm a drunk!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck.

You can do if if you really want to make a lifestyle change.

Congrats to everyone who has made the change. It'll be 30 months the 15th for me.

Comment

I used to drink a LOT. I don't know if it was age or kids or both, but don't do it as often as I did 10 years ago. Wish I would have done the same thing as you back then. It never impacted my work or personal life other than lowering my standards and raising my weight limits, but it did take a long time to pay off the credit cards from those bar tabs!

Good luck on cutting back!

Comment

Good luck brother. You can do it

Comment

Good luck brother I know it's a tough battle, I know you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by NMStickFlinger3 View Post
            Best of luck brother.....as I am right beside you in the same battle!!! For the last several years, I haven't drank any less than a 6 pack a night, and its usually 7-9 most nights. Im overweight, tired, lazy and have NO motivation once I start drinking. I don't drink to get drunk, but to get that head change after work and help with the stresses in life. I hate that I do it, and its as expensive as all hell!!! I started a new diet today, which includes NO drinking!!! It should help to have an accountability partner.....so if you ever need one.....don't forget me!!! I don't know you, and you don't know me....but just knowing you are going through the same thing and at the same time.......it already helps!!! Thanks for posting!!!
            Well come on brother... we will do this together!!!! The sad part is that I am in very good shape. I workout 4-5 times a week. I'm the small guy that looks pregnant!!! 5' 10" and 190 lbs, I'm sure 20lbs of that is my belly!!!!! Time to shed that joker!!!

July 1st was the first day in at least six months that I didn't have a drop of alcohol!!! I couldn't sleep for poo!!!! Tossed all night long.

Comment

New Years Eve 2003 was my mark in the sand. It was easy for me once I decided alcohol was not an option. Good luck on the deal making with drinking, it never worked for me. My brother would tell you it never worked for him either......if he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                Well come on brother... we will do this together!!!! The sad part is that I am in very good shape. I workout 4-5 times a week. I'm the small guy that looks pregnant!!! 5' 10" and 190 lbs, I'm sure 20lbs of that is my belly!!!!! Time to shed that joker!!!

July 1st was the first day in at least six months that I didn't have a drop of alcohol!!! I couldn't sleep for poo!!!! Tossed all night long.
                Yup.....tossin and turnin here too.....but I already feel more "awake" when I woke up!!!

Comment

You'll Sleep worse for a while, then you will sleep better than ever and not feel like arse in the mornings. When I quit I realized I never felt good when drinking, just less hungover some days than others. A lot of that belly probably isn't fat, just fluid retention. Good luck.

Comment

Good Luck!!!!

Comment

Well boys and girls I have to make some dramatic changes in my life. Im a drunk!!!

Ive been a heavy drinker most of my life and i'm tired of it. I drank almost 3 30 packs last week. Thats just ridiculious!!!! Luckily my home and work life havent been directly affected in a negative way. Its just time to man up and make a conscious effort to quit drinking so much. Today will be day 1 that I do not drink during the business week. I will limit my self on weekends and social situations. Just buy a 6 pack at a time vs a 30 pack for the weekend.

Wish me luck!!!!
                      I dont know who you are but i will be praying for you. You can do just set you mind to it. Everyday that you go without a drink just say another day down one more to go. One day at a time. Jesus love you and so do I. I was once in your shoes, but Whiskey was my choice. Take care

Comment

Day 2 complete with no problems!! Slept like a baby. I have my annual physical this morning, I'm sure my triglycerides will be greatly improved compared to previous years!!

Test #1 is tonight. We are going to a fireworks display in Waxahachie. Going to take a 6 pack of Budwieser Select 55, if my research is correct, it has the least amount of alcohol content other than NA beer.

I really wanted to thank everyone for the ongoing support and genuine concern everyone hasfor us. The texts, pm's and phone calls really helps!!!!!!!

Comment

stay strong chef.

Comment

So I stopped on the way home and got a 6pk of Mic Ultra. The Bud 55 only came in 30 pks.... I had two before dinner and that was it. I didn't even take any to the fireworks show!!!! Our friends were shocked and honestly didn't believe that I could actually do this!!!!

I consider day #3 a huge victory at this stage of the game!!!!

Comment

Doing good! Stay on target!

Comment

Good for you!! Im glad you decided to change before it started to effect your life and your home life most of all. Good luck.. Much respect for you sir!!

Comment

Working...
                                X