For your Monday giggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For your Monday giggles

Four of us are out to clear brush and move a couple blinds, fill feeders, etc. We get fairly far out into some thick brush and timber as the sun sets. At this time we're out stalking for hogs. Darkness sets in completely and the first comical thing i notice is man, we're really bunching up lol 20 minutes ago were spread out within earshot but out of sight. Now my buddy is literally brushing against my arm lol 2 of us have our phones with us at least we have flashlights. Sort of. Anyone who has ever had to resort to phone flashlights in the woods knows the phone only lights up the tree 4 feet in front of you. Anyways, we're trying to find our way out of the dang woods and back to camp. My locator on my phone says I'm 135 miles away in a house in fort worth smfh

So here we are, 4 grown men lost in the woods in the dark with 2 phones as flashlights, 2 ARs, 2 rifles, 3 pistols. We're moving along dodging all the **** spider webs and start hearing things move in the brush lol only every time there's a noise, my buddy who is literally so close he keeps bumping into me...he wields his dang pistol right across my body and i swear he's about to shoot my dang thigh into 2 large chunks lol we're all twlling him he's no longer allowed to carry a gun and relegate him to "flashlight" duty. Then the coyotes start up. And they're loud! And fairly close! And it sounds to be at least 4 or 5 of em. Normally we would all be eager at the opportunity, but fear has set in with 2 of our 4 man team lol

I keep saying that absolute worst case scenario we just sit down and stay until daylight but once my buddy gets scared you can't reel him back from the edge lol only animal we actually spotted in the brush was an extra nosiy armadillo but let my buddy tell this story and we were surrounded by mountain lions lmao

Took us a minute but we finally clear the brush and make a clearing that we recognize and easily make it back. Moral of the story is i hunt with scardie-cats!!! Grown men that melt down to little girls in the dark lmao

Had to share

bwahahahahahaahahahahahah we share the same friends i think, good stuff better go back and drop a better location for camp, coulda done some snipe hunting it sounds like with great success, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
      bwahahahahahaahahahahahah we share the same friends i think, good stuff better go back and drop a better location for camp, coulda done some snipe hunting it sounds like with great success, lol.
      This same guy that took fear to comical heights made it even funnier when he said next time I'm dropping peanut m&ms along the trail ao we can find our way out. Like every squirrel and little critter in the woods would NEVER eat his "trail" lol

Comment

The minute he pulled his gun out is the minute you should've put a knot on his head. That is ridiculous.

Comment

ok so we read your side of the story,,, but maybe it was you bumping/rubbing against him!!!!!!

Comment

That’s great. It always amazes me that grown men can imagine things appearing in the dark that aren’t there in the daylight.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Brought a smile to my face.

Comment

The only thing in the woods after dark you should be afraid of is a skunk.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post

Same goes for a thick fog or tall grass.

Comment

I would find different friends

Comment

I went to a ranch to find a deer with my dog once and followed the trail for about an hour, only to come to a fence that they didn't have permission to cross. I told them that we were done and need to go home. They said OK and one went one direction and the other headed 180 degrees the other. They argued about where the truck was for a while. I looked down at my dog and said "OK Bee, let's go to the truck" and we headed away right between where they were headed. They asked where I was going and I said I was following the dog to the truck. They finally fell in and about 20 minutes later we came out on the road about 50 yards from the truck. Goobers, I swear.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                        Four of us are out to clear brush and move a couple blinds, fill feeders, etc. We get fairly far out into some thick brush and timber as the sun sets. At this time we're out stalking for hogs. Darkness sets in completely and the first comical thing i notice is man, we're really bunching up lol 20 minutes ago were spread out within earshot but out of sight. Now my buddy is literally brushing against my arm lol 2 of us have our phones with us at least we have flashlights. Sort of. Anyone who has ever had to resort to phone flashlights in the woods knows the phone only lights up the tree 4 feet in front of you. Anyways, we're trying to find our way out of the dang woods and back to camp. My locator on my phone says I'm 135 miles away in a house in fort worth smfh

So here we are, 4 grown men lost in the woods in the dark with 2 phones as flashlights, 2 ARs, 2 rifles, 3 pistols. We're moving along dodging all the **** spider webs and start hearing things move in the brush lol only every time there's a noise, my buddy who is literally so close he keeps bumping into me...he wields his dang pistol right across my body and i swear he's about to shoot my dang thigh into 2 large chunks lol we're all twlling him he's no longer allowed to carry a gun and relegate him to "flashlight" duty. Then the coyotes start up. And they're loud! And fairly close! And it sounds to be at least 4 or 5 of em. Normally we would all be eager at the opportunity, but fear has set in with 2 of our 4 man team lol

I keep saying that absolute worst case scenario we just sit down and stay until daylight but once my buddy gets scared you can't reel him back from the edge lol only animal we actually spotted in the brush was an extra nosiy armadillo but let my buddy tell this story and we were surrounded by mountain lions lmao

Took us a minute but we finally clear the brush and make a clearing that we recognize and easily make it back. Moral of the story is i hunt with scardie-cats!!! Grown men that melt down to little girls in the dark lmao

Had to share
                        You were the one who kept bumping into me. I know you were just doing it to make you feel safe though.

All kidding aside, my 21 year old son is deathly afraid of the dark. He will shine his flash light all around the woods while he walks to the blind. If he is hunting with me, he will literally, be my shadow because I walk in with little or no light.

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                        I think we ALL have friends like that. Snipe hunting would have been an awesome adventure.

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        That’s great. It always amazes me that grown men can imagine things appearing in the dark that aren’t there in the daylight.
                        I am right there with you FND. I hunted with a man who would get out of his blind, during the "magical hour," of the evening hunt to head back to his 4-wheeler. Then he would always complain about how he never sees the amount of deer as everyone else.

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        I went to a ranch to find a deer with my dog once and followed the trail for about an hour, only to come to a fence that they didn't have permission to cross. I told them that we were done and need to go home. They said OK and one went one direction and the other headed 180 degrees the other. They argued about where the truck was for a while. I looked down at my dog and said "OK Bee, let's go to the truck" and we headed away right between where they were headed. They asked where I was going and I said I was following the dog to the truck. They finally fell in and about 20 minutes later we came out on the road about 50 yards from the truck. Goobers, I swear.
                        So many "hunters" have no sense of direction that it boggles my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post

Yea if you see a small white bush up ahead, stop and confirm what it is. A couple more steps and you may get the confirmation that you could have stopped and gotten. I don't walk in with a light and had it happen 2x to me. First time luckily my curiosity got the best of me because it was something I hadn't seen before and I walk that same trail often in the dark. I stopped and pulled out phone for the flashlight when I saw it was a skunk. 2nd time I didn't need to confirm it and found a different path to walk. Both times I was probably 1-2 steps away from getting sprayed.
                          Last edited by BigL; 05-22-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I've been turned around in fog or thick brush before, no biggie. Dealt with skunks, snakes, spiderwebs, yotes, and bumped into hogs...whatever.

The only thing that truly worries me is walking up on a crazy *** momma cow. Happened once and she almost got me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

Working...
                              X