Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to share a funny story from today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to share a funny story from today...

So my wife and son went with me to the ranch today to do some chores. One of the things I Had to do was to put up a solar powered electric fence around the fruit trees we planted last year because the dang cows are tearing them up. Got everything installed, ground rod in the earth. Hooked it up and decided to test it with the back of my hand.... barely fealt anything.... I thought maybe my battery was bad, so I kneeled down to check it out. Touching the ground with my left hand, I touched the wire with my right.... lord baby Jesus. My son and wife now know what it looks like for me to have a heart attack. I hit the ground and literally rolled. Had to sit down for a minute as I saw stars. I Had NO idea that the shock was that strong. The cows are in for a treat.

Should have pee'd on it

oh look...what is that?

Comment

I've seen some hard hits and experienced a few from hot wire fences. The funniest one I've seen was when a buddy of mine drove over one my grandpa and I had just got done putting up. Cut it right in half,my grandpa was yelling at him and he got flustered and the only thing he knew was to fix it. So he grabs a wire in one hand and reaches down and grabbed the other. Well he didn't know we had already got it in working order so when he picked up that one wire to splice back together it shocked him. He threw the first end of the wire he picked up on the ground which did absolutely nothing. About that time he got hit again and chunked the other wire down. My grandpa went from being mad to laughing uncontrollably.

It's really not funny but afterwards it is hilarious. Those things can flat lay someone out sometimes.
      Last edited by okrattler; 05-06-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I actually LOL

Comment

It’s a little late but you can check them with a screwdriver, hammer, etc. by placing one part on the wire and getting the other end close to the Tpost or rebar and watching/listening for an arc. You can’t touch anything but the handle!

Comment

Check it with a long blade of green grass. Lay the tip on the wire and slide it closer to your hand until you feel a slight current. Can't be wearing rubber boots to check it like that though.

Comment

I knew a guy that used to just grab the wire to check his hot wire fences. I don't know how he did it but he could.

Comment

Yea electricity is one of those things some people have a hard time understanding

Comment

OP, I know I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I have tears streaming �� I guess it's because I am familiar with your story been there, done that

Comment

When I was a kid, the neighbor had a electric dog fence, we would grab hands about 4 kids in a line and one of us would touch it. The first and last person would get shocked pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X