Modern Parenting Cali Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin showed me this video and all the women think its just precious. Comments on social media praise the little feller for being "free spirited". I am just curious as I was raised very different. Not being a team player, showboating, pushing the coach off of me (coach is his father fyi). Talking with friends and family and seeing the comments makes me think I am part of a dying breed. If I had done that as a kid my pants would of been pulled down in front of all and the "free spirit" would of been belted out of my *** the entire way to home base.

I am curious as to y'alls opinion on what I see as disrespect and poor sportsmanship.

kids not a little leaguer.. hes a toddler about 3 seconds away from pickin daisies in the outfield and is enjoying himself doing something that hes not even sure at this point why...

still wouldve gotten a swat on his butt to get moving.

Comment

My kid is playing his first year of baseball at 10y/o. There are several kids who played last year that think they are the best ball players in the league......but they suk. Their attitudes if seen in my boy will certainly get a busted butt. I dont see the kid in the video you linked in that same type category. I just see a kids doing what little kids do.....weird stuff.
      Now my opinion might change if i knew this kid and he had a history of disrespect

Comment

My biggest problem with what I saw was when his dad and coach tried correcting his behavior and he just pushed him off. Now my dad also used to beat the **** out of us on a regular basis so I may just be biased haha.

Comment

I couldn't imagine any parent wearing their kids butt out over that.

Comment

I thought it was pretty funny, if you ever get the chance to go to a t ball game i would highly encourage it. They are hilarious and most of the kids have no idea whats going on. Kid was not showboating, just being a 3yr old.

Comment

****, so far it looks like I was beaten un-necessarily a lot in life hahaha.

Comment

That reminds me of my sons first Tball game. I was coaching and the first time he hit the ball he just walked all the way to first base. I was walking beside him screaming for him to run! He never sped up, just walked all the way. When we got home I was aking him what was the deal??! he looked up at me and said "Dad, I dont look cool when I run". I almost passed out from laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  ****, so far it looks like I was beaten un-necessarily a lot in life hahaha.
                  Haha - I'm right there with you.

Not sure I would have whooped him for that, but I would have said something as a parent for sure after the Coach came out.

If it's a repeated behavior, then I would definitely kick his butt.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                    I thought it was pretty funny, if you ever get the chance to go to a t ball game i would highly encourage it. They are hilarious and most of the kids have no idea whats going on. Kid was not showboating, just being a 3yr old.
                    My daughter started at a very early age in Softball. Tball and then coaches pitch. It used to be fun to watch because all of their scores came from being walked home as none of them at that age could catch the ball or make decent contact with a bat.

Comment

Your putting to much thought into this Sweet.

Comment

I thought that was funny for about 5 seconds, and I can actually appreciate the kids quick thinking to come up with that. But to hold the entire game up to act silly for that long needed correcting. If it were my son I would have told him to start running, if he would have rebelled I would have picked him up and hauled him off to the car. We would have then had a good talk or a butt whipping depending on how he responded to the talk.

On another note; what I just described takes consistency. You can’t let your kid get away with whatever they want to most of the time and then once in a while try to get it under control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Cajun shooter; 05-02-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Your putting to much thought into this Sweet.
                          Its just the way I was brought up, good or bad. I told my wife last night if that was my son I would of calmly gone onto the field to tell him to hustle to the base. If he refused that's called sassing where Im from and the way I was brought up you get your butt whooped. If he had then pushed me away his little *** would of been worn out quick in front of all of his friends.

I will add I raised my daughter like this and she is now 15, 3.7 plus GPA almost ever report card and flies straight. For years other parents would always comment to me about how well behaved she was compared to theirs. The secret my friends lies in the open hand spanking.

Im not telling anyone what to do with their kids, that's their business. I was just curious as to my fellow PACE users opinions. If I had posted this in the main forum Id be arguing with a hundred right now about what a POS I am haha. Pretty funny that PACE has become less heated than ATC these days.

Comment

"Hey kid.... I'll race ya"

gets em every time

Comment

This is not a battle I would pick. With the benefit of hind sight after raising two boys, this definitely falls into the category of small stuff. It's a game and needs to be fun especially for a 3 year old. Not enough kids are outside anymore. Nothing wrong with mentioning after the game over an ice cream cone that his shenanigans were kind of funny - ONCE. Not to be repeated.

Comment

Working...
                              X