Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electric tankless hot water heater

do they work? whats yall opinion

Stay away! I just replaced mine and went back to a regular water heater. I have talked to several licensed plumbers and all agreed to stay away from the electric ones. The gas ones are great.

Comment

You will get a lot of opposite opinions. We have looked into them several times and reviews are always at opposite ends of the scale. Some folks love them, some absolutely hate them. In PA even I had two different plumbers tell me two completely different things (junk vs awesome). I think it depends a lot of house/family size if you want to use an electric model. It was enough though that we always decided to stay with a standard water tank.

Comment

Good for remote sinks and such. The only way to do tankless for the whole house is gas. I have 2 propane tankless in my house and love them.

Comment

I had an electric one for 13yrs in my cabin on my Jacksboro place with no issues. If I had the space in my panel(they take 3 40amp circuits) I would put a couple in my house. I just put 1 in my barn on my Archer county place in March and plan on putting 2 in the cabin we're starting.
          Last edited by huntmaster; 08-09-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Got one in our cabin in Oklahoma no problems. Make sure you get one big enough.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have one like in the picture above and put it in over 20 years ago and have had no problems. It takes two 40 amp breakers. I installed it under the bath room sink so it needs no special space. I've turned on every hot water faucet in the house including the dish washer and still had hot water every where.

Comment

I replaced a 75 gallon tanked water heater with a Navien gas tankless a year ago. My house has three bathrooms and now I can run all the kids though the shower at the same time with plenty of hot water, no more waiting for the the water heater to recover. The lag between turning on the hot water and getting hot water out of the faucet is the same for me as it was with the tanked water heater.

Comment

Been using a Hubble electric tankless for 13 years. LOVE it. We had it installed when we built our home. Only thing I would do differently is place it more centrally. It takes it as long as a regular tank to cross the house. Pricy but worthwhile in my opinion.

Comment

Someone else trying to heat hot water

Comment

Why are you heating hot water?

One of the curiosities of American language, how did they become so commonly known as hot water heaters and not just water heaters?

Comment

Single fixture electric point of use waters heaters are okay.

Whole house electric tankless are not liked by many.

Comment

I have one at my ranch that works great there but the house is small and we don't use too much water there. At my house we have 4 tanks and I don't the tankless could keep up. It also would be expensive because it is best to use two in series to get a real hot temp so I would have to do that 4 times.

Comment

Our house came with a tankless setup from the builder. Haven't had any problems in the 6mnths we've been here. Always had plenty of hot water, takes about as long as a tank system to get hot water, and takes up way less space in the garage. Ours is gas not electric.

Comment

whole house I would go gas.

I have one in my camp and another in my home shop and they both work great. Only down side is they do take up a lot of breaker space.

Comment

Working...
                              X