Silver Fox - Fort Worth, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Fox - Fort Worth, TX

This evening we took two of our suppliers to the Silver Fox in Fort Worth. The Silver Fox is one of our go-to spots for customer/supplier dinners. While the food was as good as always, something happened during the middle of the meal that I have never seen happen before.

The restaurant was pretty empty and one of the last to leave was a young mom, her husband, and her 6-month old baby. The baby was happy and babbling like a normal baby but, as the husband stepped away from the table, the two gentlem sitting next to her started berating her for allowing her child to make so much noise.

Now, I have no problem with a polite request when things get out of hand but this went from 0-100 in seconds and eventually turned into a profanity-laced scolding. Our table immediately addressed the two men but were cut off as the young manager walked up. He didn’t tip toe around the point or try his best to be diplomatic in his approach.

He told them that while he apologized for the noise, he would not tolerate the way they were talking to the young mother. He offered to pick up their tab and told them that if they said one more thing to the mom that he would ask them to leave.

I am not criticizing the two men for wanting a quiet dinner but they were so abusive in their criticism toward the mother that I was sick to my stomach. All that said, I commend the Silver Fox for sticking up for a young woman and for not succumbing to the demands of two miserable men.

As a result of the manager’s initiative, I will continue to give them as much of my business/money to them as possible. Good work to the Silver Fox of Fort Worth.

those "gentlemen" shouldve gotten a whole lot less that a free meal. im thinkin' a free arse whoopin' would be more appropriate.

Comment

You should have walked over and administered a couple of pop-knots.

Comment

They didn’t even have the stones to say it in front of the husband. Good for the manager! I’ll have to send them some business next time I’m in town.

Comment

I wouldn't refer to them as gentlemen. Glad the manager took care of business and addressed the situation.

Comment

That place is down the street from me! We’ve always had great service and food there and I’ll continue to give them my business after hearing this. As a new dad it’s nerve racking to go anywhere with our baby because I don’t want to interrupt anyone’s time if she desires to cry but that’s no way to handle it. And pretty sorry of those guys to wait until the husband left and bully her alone

Comment

maybe if there parents would have socialized them at a young age, they would know how to act in public. Arse Whooping was needed IMO!!!!

Comment

sounds like a couple of men with no dangly balls. Confront her when the husband leaves? I’m all about trying to avoid kids/babies in a restaurant. I get that but kids will be kids. Good on her for standing up to the two girly men.

Comment

Again the human factor rears it's ugly head. Glad to see there were men to defend the woman's honor since these weasels waited until her husband left the area.

Never been there but I might just have to make a trip there soon to show support and gratitude.

Comment

I hope the cowards were from way out of town. LOVE Silver Fox even before this.

Comment

Hate the 2 POS got a free meal out of the deal. Glad the restaurant did act on the situation though

Comment

I manage a restaurant and have for 20 years. I would have made them two pay their bill and leave. That crap is not tolerated by me. I’ve had that same situation happen a few times.

Comment

what a couple of little bitches...

Comment

Been better to see the manger make the two " richard heads" pay for the family's meal.

Comment

Working...
                            X