No announcement yet.

NASCAR for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of fuel injected engines. Go back to carburetors. The air changes during a race more humid/less humid. cooler air/hotter air. These all effect the carburetors during the course of a race. The old days some guys would be good early but as air temps changed they may not be as good. Fuel injection all the engines are pretty much the same all day. As far as TV cut back on commercials and show more racing. I usually just record the race now and power through the commercials I can watch it in almost half the time. Get rid of all of the ticky tac rules, eliminate the stage racing point bs, or if they want to keep it then don't make it a automatic caution. Cautions are boring.

Comment

How to fix NASCAR:

1) allow race cars to go as fast as they can.
      2) allow race car drivers to go as fast as they can
      3) remove anything designed to limit, reduce, and impede causing race cars to not be able to go as fast as they can.
      4) remove stupid penalities and speed limits on pit row.
      5) require cars to have engine formatting matching the body manufacturer.
      6) remove japanese bodies from race cars.
      7) require drivers and crew to travel with the cars they race. No helicopters, planes, or billion dollar driver motorhomes.
      8) require Danica Patrick do whatever she wants...
      9) No more wives and kids on the starting grid.. this is racin'.. not first day of kindergarten.

Comment

Need to go back to the old days and go as fast as you can and get Southern redneck drivers that would put you in the wall in you looked at them wrong. That was fun to watch.

Comment

Its dead....I was a big of fan as any. Had PSL at Daytona and Texas....

DONE !

The point system is a joke, competition yellow flag, lucky dog crap, great drivers retirning, restictor plate racing, etc.......

HArdly even remember that a race is on tv now on Sunday's....I might watch 15 or 20 laps and move on

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
            Its dead....I was a big of fan as any. Had PSL at Daytona and Texas....

DONE !

The point system is a joke, competition yellow flag, lucky dog crap, great drivers retirning, restictor plate racing, etc.......

HArdly even remember that a race is on tv now on Sunday's....I might watch 15 or 20 laps and move on
            Same here. I used to be a big fan and was looking forward to one day getting a spot to rent for an RV at TMS. That seemed to fade away about ten years or so ago. Might be more than that. Hearing Waltrip doing his boogity,boogity, boogity thing made me nauseous enough to mute the tv or turn it off. I’ll admit that seeing Jamie Little from time to time on the screen wasn’t bad at all.

Too many changes that were unnecessary. They are just about going to have to start over from how it once was, if that’s even possible. Going back to carbureted engines is a good start. Lots of things to ponder.

Comment

NHRA drag racing has gone the same way...attendance is low, sponsors are gone, only the big money teams are fielding cars. NASCAR has some problems, but everyone wanted parity, so now they have it. You open the rules and it'll still be the same top tier teams winning. Letting them go "as fast as they can" is asinine. It would be next to impossible to keep the cars on the ground north of 230. Rusty Wallace tested a car at Talledega in 2004 that went 228 without a plate. No telling how fast they'd go now. If you want a car in the stands or just a ton of tore up cars, then pull the plates. Not sure what the answer is, but unlimited speed ain't it.
              I like the segment racing. Gives some excitement during the race....not just guys riding in the back avoiding wrecks til the last 25 laps. I'm not a fan of the "playoff" crap, but I can see what they are trying to do. Nobody wants to see the championship wrapped up in September......when the season ends in Nov.
              I much prefer dirt racing, but even that has problems here in our area. Our car counts are going down....seems "B" mains are a thing of the past. We keep at it, tho, because it's fun.....

Comment

I don't like the multi car teams, a couple guys with money dominate the majority of the starting positions giving little guys no chance of qualifying.

You have Hendrick with 4 cars, Gibbs with 4, Stewart-Haas with 4, Penske with 3.

Just with 4 teams that is 15 or the 43 starting positions that are guaranteed to start every race.

Comment

Shake and bake!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by whitecrow View Post
                    NHRA drag racing has gone the same way...attendance is low, sponsors are gone, only the big money teams are fielding cars. NASCAR has some problems, but everyone wanted parity, so now they have it. You open the rules and it'll still be the same top tier teams winning. Letting them go "as fast as they can" is asinine. It would be next to impossible to keep the cars on the ground north of 230. Rusty Wallace tested a car at Talledega in 2004 that went 228 without a plate. No telling how fast they'd go now. If you want a car in the stands or just a ton of tore up cars, then pull the plates. Not sure what the answer is, but unlimited speed ain't it.
                    I like the segment racing. Gives some excitement during the race....not just guys riding in the back avoiding wrecks til the last 25 laps. I'm not a fan of the "playoff" crap, but I can see what they are trying to do. Nobody wants to see the championship wrapped up in September......when the season ends in Nov.
                    I much prefer dirt racing, but even that has problems here in our area. Our car counts are going down....seems "B" mains are a thing of the past. We keep at it, tho, because it's fun.....
                    I agree, it gets to a point of no return, see las vegas 2011 when indycar did the swan song to their IR03 chassis, basically let 33 cars out there go as fast as they could and it ended up in a driver fatality, there is a limit on these 1.5 mile ovals. The thing with a stock car is it would punch though the fence, driver would probably be ok, but not the people in the grandstands, & that would be the end of oval racing.
                    Last edited by bossbowman; 05-09-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I wanna go fast.

Comment

Bring big tobacco back as the title sponsor for the cup series, and beer company back as the title sponsor for the second their series. Kill the truck series, and start a relegating system.

Bottom 10 teams/drivers move down to the lesser series, and top 10 teams/drivers come up to the bigs. Incentive racing is always best.

Stock CAR fans drink beer and smoke cigarettes. Motocross fans drink Monster energy drinks and wear flat bill ball caps. F1 fans drink wine and have soft cheese small plates for snacks.

Get the fans back by catering to what they enjoy most. Firing up a Marlboro red, popping the top on a Luke warm Budweiser and sitting shirtless on row 41.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
                          I don't like the multi car teams, a couple guys with money dominate the majority of the starting positions giving little guys no chance of qualifying.

You have Hendrick with 4 cars, Gibbs with 4, Stewart-Haas with 4, Penske with 3.

Just with 4 teams that is 15 or the 43 starting positions that are guaranteed to start every race.
                          Hahaha, they don't even run 43 cars anymore, its only 40 if they can get that many and I'm not even kidding...

Comment

I like some good ol sprint car racing

Comment

Working...
                            X