LTC From Another State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTC From Another State

Has anybody got their LTC here in Texas, but the license is for another state? There is a place in Dayton that guarantees EVERYTHING completed in 4 hrs. A guy called and the license is from Florida.

Any issues??
    Lesto!!

Many states LTC are good in TEXAS go here.

Comment

I moved here from FL with my license, all good. However, if you live out of state, to renew a FL license you have to get fingerprinted by a law enforcement agency, I could not get one to do that, as for the TX license all fingerprints have to go through the private Indenta go company. FL won't accept Identago fingerprints, even tho all the Texans there with their licenses may have used Identago. Typical, stupid government red tape in both States.

The law enforecement agencies wouldn't do the finger prints even though it was for a FL license, not a TX license, seemed dumb to me.

I just got a TX license, easier in FL when your a veteran.

Comment

Someone told me you can do Virginia on line and it’s good in Texas, don’t take my word.

Comment

Originally posted by TXdeerdood View Post
          Someone told me you can do Virginia on line and it’s good in Texas, don’t take my word.
          You can take the course on line.

Nonresidents of the Commonwealth 21 years of age or older may apply in writing to the Virginia Department of State Police for a five-year permit to carry a concealed handgun. The applicant shall submit a photocopy of one valid form of photo identification issued by a governmental agency of the applicant's state of residency or by the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. State Department (passport). Every applicant for a nonresident concealed handgun permit shall also submit two photographs of a type and kind specified by the Department of State Police for inclusion on the permit and shall submit fingerprints on a card provided by the Department of State Police for the purpose of obtaining the applicant's state or national criminal history record. As a condition for issuance of a concealed handgun permit, the applicant shall submit to fingerprinting by his local or state law-enforcement agency and provide personal descriptive information to be forwarded with the fingerprints through the Central Criminal Records Exchange to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation for the purpose of obtaining criminal history record information regarding the applicant and obtaining fingerprint identification information from federal records pursuant to criminal investigations by state and local law-enforcement agencies. The application shall be on a form provided by the Department of State Police, requiring only that information necessary to determine eligibility for the permit

Comment

It works but the problem comes into play in different states. Depending on how the reciprocity agreement reads. I believe one is Colorado. For the reciprocity to be allowed it states you must be a Texas resident with a Texas handgun license.

Comment

A guy who works for me got his LTC here in Texas but the license is for Florida. When he did it, it was because at the time, the Florida license had more reciprocity than the Texas LTC. That was before our Open Carry bill passed and was signed into law. Don't know if that is still a valid reason to have the Florida license or not.

Comment

Working...
              X