Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anyone knowledgeable on silver coins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone knowledgeable on silver coins

I have an oppertunity to purchase some silver coins, but I have limited knowledge on coin prices. If some one would pm me and I will let them know what coins. I would like to know if it maybe a fair deal or if it is inflated. Thanks in advance.

You can easily find the value on the internet. Look up silver coin value and silver spot price. If you sell the coins you will get a percentage of silver spot.

Anything pre-64 should be 90% silver, and they are worth a percentage of the 90%.

Comment

The ones I am asking about are graded and reverse proofs so I didn’t know if the price should be higher than spot. Or is it usually a good rule of thumb to go with spot. The graded ones are MS69 and 70

Comment

What type of coins

Comment

Originally posted by JCBowHunter View Post
          The ones I am asking about are graded and reverse proofs so I didn’t know if the price should be higher than spot. Or is it usually a good rule of thumb to go with spot. The graded ones are MS69 and 70
          Never pay more than 10% over spot IMO.

Comment

Search completed listings on eBay and you will get a good idea of current value. Book value on many coins is over inflated.

I would stay away from modern proof coins as they tend to decrease in value soon after the "new" wears off...unless you can get them for close to spot silver value.

BEWARE of Chinese fakes!!! They are even counterfeiting the NGC and PCGS slabs.

Comment

Gotcha thanks for the information

Comment

Working...
              X