BBQ in Lockhart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ in Lockhart

One of my boys is playing in the Sectional Tournament (Little League All-Stars) in Lockhart over the next 4 days. I have never spent any time in Lockhart but do know it is well known for its BBQ. What does the Green Screen recommend that is can't miss. Any help would be appreciated.

I like Blacks but you are going to get a bunch of different opinions. Best bet try em all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      One of my boys is playing in the Sectional Tournament (Little League All-Stars) in Lockhart over the next 4 days. I have never spent any time in Lockhart but do know it is well known for its BBQ. What does the Green Screen recommend that is can't miss. Any help would be appreciated.
      I like Blacks.

and City Market and Smittys....
      Last edited by Chad C; 07-06-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Try em all. For the best IMHO, drive 15 minutes south and try City Market in Luling. Smitty's is my favorite in Lockhart.

Comment

I am also a Blacks Fan and just a heads up some only take cash.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
            Try em all. For the best IMHO, drive 15 minutes south and try City Market in Luling. Smitty's is my favorite in Lockhart.
            I already had Luling in my plans! Thanks for the idea of Smitty's

Comment

Always liked Blacks and Kreuz's.

Comment

I like Smitty's best personally but its all pretty good stuff. Even Chisholm Trail is pretty decent for how cheap it is. Last time I was there I believe I got a 2 meat plate with a couple side, pickles, onions, bread, and a water for like 8 bucks!

Comment

Smitty's is my favorite. Followed by Kreuz, then Blacks.

Luling City Market is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ate at Blacks once about 4 months ago and will never go back. Thought is was way overpriced. Literally the worst BBQ i have ever had. BBQ is very subjective and like others have said it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Comment

Blacks hands down but I will go to Kreuz if Blacks is way to busy.

Comment

I'm a Luling guy too. Kruetz or Smitty's if in Lockhart. Cool history on those places.

Comment

Kreuz is good and consistent. Blacks has burnt me to where I may never go back.

Comment

You will be there 4 days which means you have 4 lunches and 4 dinners. Try them all and give us your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by VinnysquidTX View Post
                              I'm a Luling guy too. Kruetz or Smitty's if in Lockhart. Cool history on those places.
                              Yep - another fan of Luling city market.

Comment

Working...
                              X