Clear All

Milwaukee all day every day.

Comment

Porter Cable.
      Craftsman

Comment

Originally posted by furtrapper View Post
        Rigid for cordless, free lifetime service and batteries
        This. Home Depot replaced everything after I'd used it for two years. All I wanted was the batteries replaced, but they replaced both drills also.

I'd also say Glock. I'm very brand loyal to them...and yes, a Glock is a tool

Comment

Dewalt corded tools. Milwaukee cordless tools.

Comment

Milwaukee, Snap-on, Matco, and some craftsman

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
              This. Home Depot replaced everything after I'd used it for two years. All I wanted was the batteries replaced, but they replaced both drills also.

I'd also say Glock. I'm very brand loyal to them...and yes, a Glock is a tool
              Man I had the opposite experience with Rigid, our batteries crapped out in no time and they wouldn't do squat. My personal tools were all rigid too and I donated them to the shop when my batteries quit, and switched to Makita. I love my makita stuff.

Comment

Dewalt 20v on cordless, snap-on and kobalt for hand tools. Chop saws and porta bands have been Milwaukee. Can't complain on any of the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Snapon for me I still have wrenches I bought in the early 80s and their still going strong.

Comment

Whatever has made in the USA on it, or the tool with the most metal in it. I stay away from DeWalt, they love to use plastic gears in their internals on non commercial grade tools.

Just do some research before you buy. 15 minutes reading reviews, and its pretty easy to see what is and isn't good.

Comment

Starrett mics and Mitutoyo calipers.

Comment

Knipex has the best pliers hands down. As a mechanic I have all kinds of tools from all kinds of brands, the only brand I will stand behind 100% of the time is knipex. Love mine

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Man I had the opposite experience with Rigid, our batteries crapped out in no time and they wouldn't do squat. My personal tools were all rigid too and I donated them to the shop when my batteries quit, and switched to Makita. I love my makita stuff.
                          Haven't used any of their battery tools (RIGID) but I got their 3.5 inch pneumatic framing nailer and holy jeez that thing is a freaking beast.

Cordless-Dewlat
                          Corded- Milwaukee
                          Hand tools old craftsman and will probably go to snap on if I lose or break any as Craftsman is no Crapsman.

Comment

Dewalt for all corded and cordless powertools (20 V cordless)
                            Craftsman for all sockets and wrenches ( I have a couple of ratchets and socket sets I bought in 1983 for a graduation present for myself that still work flawlessly)
                            Fluke for electrical meters , amp meter
                            Klein for nippers wire cutters and screwdrivers
                            Channellock for slip joint pliers
                            Crescent for adj wrenches
                            Vice Grip for locking pliers
                            Mitutoyo or Starret for precision machinist tools

I do have some cheap Harbor freight type wrenches that go from 7/16 - 1 1/2 that I bought around 1980 that I use for junk tools to beat on or put pry bars on that have never broken, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by canamxmr2011 View Post
                              Knipex has the best pliers hands down. As a mechanic I have all kinds of tools from all kinds of brands, the only brand I will stand behind 100% of the time is knipex. Love mine
                              I will second this put mine through @#$$ and they won't break
                              Also dewalt for cordless tried portercable they lasted a month then the motors fryed
                              Mac for hand tools

Comment

Originally posted by canamxmr2011 View Post
                                Yep have a box full of knipex and in each vehicle. Very good

Comment

Working...
                                X