A/C window unit for deer stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
    I don't think bloomers and A/C while hunting are in the same rule book.
    You're right. Two different books

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I wouldn’t do it, but believe me I’ve thought about it. Sat from dawn to dusk many days in 90 degree heat bowhunting antelope. You’d be surprised where your thoughts go when you’re delirious
      Yea, a pop up blind during bow season is the next closest thing to hunting in a metal blind. I've gone back to using burlap and building natural material ground blinds. At least I get some breeze thru it.

Comment

I love the fact that an AC unit is not acceptable, but a Buddy heater is perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
          I love the fact that an AC unit is not acceptable, but a Buddy heater is perfectly fine.
          Fire's been around a lot longer than AC...………. :LOL

Comment

Say what yall want but I don't see any problems with being comfortable when it's 95 degrees outside at 3pm and you're waiting till deer30. This is a sealed 6x8x8 box blind with deerview windows so without any breeze it's pretty rough. I typically open 2 windows to help but at the minimum this year I'll be installing a fan. I know a swamp cooler is an option too. The nearest electricity is 500 yards away so that may also just be the easier option. This is a low fence place but with a high deer density, at my east Texas place I don't even risk cracking open a water bottle otherwise the deer will run to the next county

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gvick View Post
              My wife told me the same when I bought a Mr Buddy heater. I replied to her with," it doesn't say anywhere in the hunting rule books that you have to be miserable while hunting".

Amen. I fidget less and stay longer when I’m more comfortable. I don’t have anything to prove to anyone and don’t give a **** about what anybody thinks about how I hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not sure why wanting a comfortable blind makes you less of a man...if anything it makes you a smarter man. I guess some people would just rather sweat their *** off so they can beat their chest about it

What about tossing a block of ice in a small ice chest and rigging 12v fans to suck the cold air out of the ice chest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with the "redneck" ac using a cooler with ic and fans. There are some really good right ups on here about those with proven temp drops. I am looking into that myself since my wife said that's the only way she would go bowhunting with me is to be cooler. I want to experiment with dry ice but not sure what the side effects of the melting dry ice would do. I think it make CO2

Comment

Man! There’s some judgy folks around here sometimes. I drive around in the summer at night in my truck shooting pigs. You better believe I have that ac rocking!

Comment

Saw a big pallet of these at HEB.
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci2HmOkVpJ4"]Arctic Air Commercial As Seen On TV - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Amen. I fidget less and stay longer when I’m more comfortable. I don’t have anything to prove to anyone and don’t give a **** about what anybody thinks about how I hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        You sho right!

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                          I agree with the "redneck" ac using a cooler with ic and fans. There are some really good right ups on here about those with proven temp drops. I am looking into that myself since my wife said that's the only way she would go bowhunting with me is to be cooler. I want to experiment with dry ice but not sure what the side effects of the melting dry ice would do. I think it make CO2
                          This was going to be my recommendation as well. Inexpensive to make and easy to maintain with no noise

Comment

This is what I made for my blind. This past season I used my buddy heater a lot more than I used this.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank yall very much for the suggestions. I ended up ordering on of those attic airs to try out. I think it should work for my purpose and it's only $40. Cons to it seem to be you need to be close to it which is no problem for the stand and water refill every 3-4 hours instead of 8 like it advertises which is fine. I'm hoping it can run 2-3 hours off a 10000mah battery pack and if so I should be set!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                                Just gave my land owner a larger heater for one of his blinds. Would not think twice about putting in a swamp cooler or more if I was hunting it in July.....

Comment

Working...
                                X