04' Dodge Cummins 3500-long term project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04' Dodge Cummins 3500-long term project

Back in 04' I bought this truck for hot shotting. It was new and as soon as I got it home I pulled the passenger seats from the front/rear and built a bed. Hooked it up to 40' G/N and ran the wheels off of it. In the first 11 months I put just over 100,000 miles. Then an opportunity came up for a time card with a company I hauled for. I took the job and sold the truck a rancher/friend of mine. This was probably one of the best trucks I had ran in the HS business It's the 5.9 HO model. Anyways over the last 5 yrs or so I told the rancher if he ever got ready sell I wanted first dibs. He finally called and we made a deal. I drove it 100 miles to the house(expired inspection and all) this morning and the old truck ran pretty darn good considering had been on the ranch only for over a year. I plan on replacing the interior, putting a flatbed on it, new paint, check the suspension and replace/update what is needed and same under the hood. Eventually I would like to play with motor for more power. I am going to call this my retirement truck, been waiting to get this old truck for along time. Just gotta make her new and purty again. I forgot to say it has 344,000 miles on it.
    Attached Files

If you don’t mind me asking what did you pay for it the second time around? What does the interior look like now?

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
      If you don’t mind me asking what did you pay for it the second time around? What does the interior look like now?
      1500.00, The interior is pretty shot IMO. The drivers seat is basically like sitting on a board, no cushion left. some of the plastic on the A-pillars and between the doors is cracked/broken. The dash is still good shape, no cracks etc. Once I get it inspected I plan to take it to a upholstery shop and see what the say can or cant be salvaged. I would like to back with leather myself. Currently has cloth seats

Comment

What a deal, keep us updated I love these types of builds!

Comment

My 03 has 287 on it hope I get 350,000 out of mine. Good luck on the build.

Comment

should shine up nice

Comment

So far this one still runs like a champ. I had several go close and over the 500k mark before I got rid of them. I found a pickup bed locally that's even the right color and in like new condition. It came off a dually that was rigged up for welding. Trying to make a deal on it today or tomorrow.

Comment

Well my bed deal fell through. ITs still sitting there for 800.00 and I am not really sure it what I want TBH. I am a sucker for a flatbed and most likely that is the route I will go. Then again with the truck being 2wd, the factory bed looks awful sharp in its own right....decisions. Old truck still looks the same,, just added some new shoes on the rear. I did score a deal on a front bumper replacement today.
                Paint/color scheme question. I am debating on going back with the factory blue, gloss black bed/bumpers/wheels OR flat black cab and gloss black bumpers/bed/ rims. OR go with a current style 2 tone blue/tan with bumpers/bed being tan...thoughts? If I go with the tan bumper bed, the bed will be a full skirted bed and kept as more of a play truck.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  1500.00, The interior is pretty shot IMO. The drivers seat is basically like sitting on a board, no cushion left. some of the plastic on the A-pillars and between the doors is cracked/broken. The dash is still good shape, no cracks etc. Once I get it inspected I plan to take it to a upholstery shop and see what the say can or cant be salvaged. I would like to back with leather myself. Currently has cloth seats
                  You can order the cushions and the seat covers off of RockAuto and they are OEM. Then you could just have the upholstery shop install them.

Comment

Working...
                  X