X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    The darker the granite the harder
    That’s not necessarily true.
    Most of the crystals in granite fall around a 7/9 on the Mohs hardness scale. Quartz is one of the hardest minerals commonly found in granite and it’s white to grey colored. Mica, which is very dark, is considerably softer.
    But granite as a rock is very very hard and resistant to scratches. Hard blows may chip it but kives will not scratch it. It is harder than limestone, marble and slate.
    If your countertop project is small, ask if they have any remnants available. We used remnants for a vanity and small Kitchen in a barndo build. Saved quite a bit.

Comment

Look into concrete counter tops they can look just like Granite or Marble be integrated with woods and stuff.

Comment

if you get remnants... where do you gt it cut? There at the granite place? or is it just a better price and part of the overall install project?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          if you get remnants... where do you gt it cut? There at the granite place? or is it just a better price and part of the overall install project?

Remnants are usually at the fabrication shop, so you'd have them cut there. Remnants are usually for bathrooms or small runs. Remnants are not the best idea for a large project.

Comment

B

Originally posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
            Look into concrete counter tops they can look just like Granite or Marble be integrated with woods and stuff.
            I charge more for concrete tops than I do granite. A lot more labor involved especially if I have to buy forms for decor edges. Although I have done some beautiful concrete tops they are not as durable as granite. This is of coarse hand poured tops. Now if you choose ready made concrete slabs then yes it's cheaper but limited to slab size with a lot more seams.
            Last edited by clintb; 03-11-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

We are rebuilding after Harvey and I can't even get a granite guy in our area for two months. Oh well, supply and demand.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                We are rebuilding after Harvey and I can't even get a granite guy in our area for two months. Oh well, supply and demand.

What part of Texas?

Comment

Hardin county, tween Lumberton and Sour Lake. Probably not far from you.
                  Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                  What part of Texas?
                  Last edited by lunatic'hunter; 03-13-2018, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Just finished our outdoor kitchen as well. This is called Leather. Not sure per sf because it was included with the entire quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

try EZ Floors...and don't forget to negotiate

Comment

Fromangranite.com

He imports the granite. Based in FT Worth. Super nice guy and GREAT prices. I installed the counter in our bathroom.

Comment

Let me know what you want and I can get you an awesome deal. I know a guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X