UA drops deal with hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    a bad shot is a bad shot no matter if its with a bow rifle or spear.
    Agreed.

Comment

Never been a fan of their stuff much anyway. Lots of great technical gear out there for about same price

Comment

Originally posted by Jäger View Post
        Yeah, my point exactly. Put yourself in UA's shoes for a minute. You've got this young relationship with new a new spokesperson, a person who probably has not furthered your brand recognition or generated much new sales for you, and through their actions you are now caught up in a bunch of drama. drama that probably alienates customers from some of the other markets your in. they do have a pretty diverse product line for alot of sports.

If i were them i would have dropped her to

the hunter in me agrees with the majority in this forum. It was a legal method in season, game on, but as others have said UA's first responsibility is to its shareholders.

as far as a boycott goes, i wont support that. Although i don't agree with their decision in this matter i believe that they still support hunting more than not. I also like the support they give to our military.

In my mind it was a risk versus reward decision. the reward just wasnt there. I bet if Jim Shockey was behind that speer than we wouldnt even be talking about this
        I mean she is a nobody only 1million followers on instagram, compared to eva shockeys-335k the crushs-190k...but I agree with your other points...its a snowball effect, let the antis see the can sign a petition to band spear hunting all other hunting methods will come under fire as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          So they pulled her sponsorship because of something someone else did? Seems legit..

I honestly didn't like that video when I first saw it as hooting and hollering after a kill just seems distasteful but what bothers me a LOT worse is how everyone caters to anti-s when they are such a tiny minority...

I have a feeling there is a lot more to the story though that we aren't seeing.
          I don't know about you but when I kill anything I wanna jump up and down guess the only reason I don't 'cause I am usually in a climber 25ft off the ground

Comment

Hmm.

Comment

UA Cold gear RULES?

Not getting rid of my ****.

Whoa cares about who they sponsor.....not me. I use what works for me.

Comment

I'm not in favor of UA's actions, as stated on the other thread.

For those unaware, UA not only has a first layer line, they have a complete outer wear line also. It not only includes big game hunting, but duck hunting, and many other forms of hunting as well. Take into consideration their boot and shoe line as well.

So, with that being said, their line may be a bit larger than most think. And they understand that a segment of the hunting community is into athletics as well. But after this action, I don't think I will be buying any of their products any time soon (not that I'm in any form of athletic shape at the present, is irrelevant anyway).

Comment

This is exactly why 75% of our country will vote for the wrong person in the presidential election and I will just keep working for them.

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  UA Cold gear RULES?

Not getting rid of my ****.

Whoa cares about who they sponsor.....not me. I use what works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by edbo144 View Post
                    I don't know anything about this story, other that what I have read. There are always 3 sides to every story, mine, yours, and somewhere in the middle, the truth. I just think that it's weird that so many people are so upset over a multi million dollar company dropping one sponsorship, and then the couple that were dropped are immediately bad mouthing said company. To me, that says a lot about the Bowmar's character. If you get dropped, fired, whatever you want to call it, and then to go onto social media and start bashing the company isn't cool. That's how spoiled, immature children act.
                    Again, that's just my opinion. You can take it and $2 and go buy a soda.
                    Agreed......its a business. You as a "pro staffer" are a business as such as well. Bad mouthing g former supporters. Is a quick way out of said business. I did the pro staff things for several years. "Sponsorships" come and go. Each season I would have my steadfast supporters and others would come and go. Sponsors are here to make mey folks. Your job as prostaff is to promote their goods to make them money.....period. There is more to this than what meets the eye. Don't be quick to judge. If y'all want to. go. throwing UA gear go right ahead. Seems really silly to throw away good quality gear you spent a lot of money on. But enjoy yourselves lol
                    Last edited by SanAngeloBowman; 08-22-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                      Agreed......its a business. You as a "pro staffer" are a business as such as well. Bad mouthing g former supporters. Is a quick way out of said business. I did the pro staff things for several years. "Sponsorships" come and go. Each season I would have my steadfast supporters and others would come and go. Sponsors are here to make mey folks. Your job as prostaff is to promote their goods to make them money.....period. There is more to this than what meets the eye. Don't be quick to judge. If y'all want to. go. throwing UA gear go right ahead. Seems really silly to throw away good quality gear you spent a lot of money on. But enjoy yourselves lol
                      They don't care here. They'd rather act like a bunch of fools thinking UA threw the bird to all hunters. Typical stuff happens before the truth comes out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                        It is business, it's not the sponsorship Dropping that's offending, it's thier statement. UA clearly stated they thought it was unethical... If they said it's not the video content they want as thier brand image then that's different, but they didn't they labeled ethical vs unethical....

There lies the issue.

Comment

I haven't seen the video, but I could understand why someone would see a poorly thrown spear as an unethical way of hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What ever happened to red flannel shirts and jeans to hunt in? Yes I have camo(1 piece of ua given to me as a gift) most are game winner or red head(I think). I don't know the whole story, I do agree that it is ua's money and they can do with it what they want. As for me, I cannot count the number of times I have gone to the stand or field wearing shorts or jeans and a t-shirt and had plenty of opportunities at game. imho ua should stick to sports apparel and distance themselves from controversies such as this.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              It is business, it's not the sponsorship Dropping that's offending, it's thier statement. UA clearly stated they thought it was unethical... If they said it's not the video content they want as thier brand image then that's different, but they didn't they labeled ethical vs unethical....

There lies the issue.
                              True........I will go out o. A limb and call it possibly damage control. Bottom line......its a business. Their business........companies drop athletes all the time. Heck Ive never even heard of these people before. I had a relationship with UA for a season and Ive spent a bunch of money on gear as well. I will wait for the jury before I judge.

Comment

"The video, which shows Josh Bowmar impaling the animal with a spear with a camera attached to it, prompted the Alberta government to say it will outlaw spear hunting as of this fall. Officials are also considering filing charges against Bowmar"

Charges???

Comment

Working...
                                X