Brushy Hill Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill Ranch

I made a trip last weekend to Brushy Hill for the Turkey opener. Had a great time and plan to be back for next year.

Nick put me on the hogs and Pete put me on the turkeys. I didn't see any gobblers as it appears I was a bit early. The hens were very quiet and the gobblers would shut down fairly quick in the morning.

The hogs were very active at dark. I went for a head shot and missed one high giving him a cool scar across the ears. That was my fault for not practicing enough at night with my bow mounted light.

When I arrived at camp, I had a sidewall blow out on my right rear tire. Pete loaned me his floor jack and impact to make light work of the change. When I returned about three hours later from scouting and blind setup I found my wheel with a matching used tire mounted and balanced leaning against the camp house. It doesn’t get much better than that.

Great people to share camp and hunt with. The ranch is really dry right now as most of the region is in a drought. They have a really good network of roads which makes it easy to get around on and very good camp houses for the price.

They are good people.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

We just got back today from Brushy Hill this afternoon. One our group shot a Tom Friday afternoon but never found it. My brother and I never got a shot but it was not for lack of birds. They have plenty and in another week they should be fired up big time. The hogs did come out just after dark but again we just never connected.

Great ranch, great people and we will be back.

Comment

Pete is good people for sure

Comment

Sounds like a descent place

Comment

Sounds interesting...

Comment

I have heard good things about this place

I have heard good things about this place

Comment

Pete is a great guy and I have been there 2 or 3 times and I am going back this year. Nice place, if you have not been, YOU NEED TO GO

Comment

Working...
                  X